[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Using D132 in 143 scale

Using D132 in 143 scale

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Using D132 in 143 scale

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:51 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Using D132 in 143 scale

Postby MikeySlotCars » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:55 am

Nice start... but why did you buy a complete set?

you can buy only the CU (Starting track) for about $100 CAD so probably around $60-70 in US dollar

Just saying...

Mikey
MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:39 pm

It is cheaper in the long run. You need much more then just the CU to go digital. It also allowed me to play around with the system and understand how it all works. I wanted to know how it should work,before I start doing a bunch of mods on untested ideas.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BazingaRacerX » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:09 pm

Very interested in the progress and successes you're having. Keep us posted. :music-rockout:
BazingaRacerX

Postby dc6287 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:08 pm

Very interesting take on things, I will be watching this one closely!
dc6287
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:30 am

I got the chip all wired up. To save space I got rid of the connectors and wired directly to the board. I used magnet wire for the front headlights as it is very fine and left the front wheels free wheeling. I needed to do this as the decoder wire was too big for the tight area around the headlights and front wheels

I had to set the speed to the lowest setting to get a decent throttle response. Might need a 50 ohm resistor to the motor to make better use of the throttle settings that are avialable

I zoomed around the small D132 set up with the car changing lanes and was happy with the lights and brake lights. Since the pictures were taken I added a rear mounting post and brought the back end of the car down to where is should be.

Decision is now made. All D132 track down the front straight transitioning back to GO track on either end. I have one Double crossover in the GO track and I may have to move the sensor on that to line up with the IR LED on the D132 chip

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Mon May 02, 2016 8:24 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Mon May 02, 2016 7:00 pm

Concerning the interference, I often run straight wired Slot.it motors on my D132 track. The only issue we've ever had is the CU going into safe mode when all the high amp draw motors accelerated at start with magnet cars using the stock power supply. That fix was provided by splicing a higher amp power supply onto the power cord pig tail and fusing it at 7 amps.... and doing away with magnets.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue May 03, 2016 1:09 am

Thanks for the comments and info guys

I am a NoMag guy and the smaller 143 motors should not stress the CU power supply.

Tonight I got busy with the task at hand. Ripped out my front straight and current pitlane to get it ready to accept the D132 stuff. After contemplating the transition pieces I decided to make my own out of a GO straight. Pictures tell a thousand words. IT worked well and I will use scenic foam and drywall compound to finish these off.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Tue May 03, 2016 5:08 pm

It's pretty easy to transplant the lap counting sensors and the power wires to a Carrera GO straight track. It might look better with the track all the same width around the track. Either way good luck on the project and I am looking forward to seeing how everything comes together.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:59 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed May 04, 2016 8:41 am

Nevertheless Carrera Digital 132 is by no means the ultimate for 43rd scale. The chips ar huge - see the Porsche and how high the body now sits.
I would prefer SSD because their chips are way smaller.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Wed May 04, 2016 8:59 am

Please be aware that the sensor spacing to the slot is slightly different on D132 in comparison to D143. This would only come into play if using a stock D143 car and/or stock D143 lane changers with the stock D132 Control Unit. Most times it will still work but may lead to a few misses due to the slight mismatch.

Also, the Carrera D132 26740 decoder chip is the smallest one that Carrera offers but it doesn't have lights.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed May 04, 2016 9:47 am

Just as I wrote - SSD is way smaller.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:30 pm