[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Using D132 in 143 scale

Using D132 in 143 scale

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: Using D132 in 143 scale

Postby walker » Thu May 05, 2016 7:46 am

Dan, would you please be so kind as to measure the max. width of the Porsche chassis across the rear wheels ?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:21 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Thu May 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Thank you, Dan.
I think this link might be interesting and useful to you and other Carrera digital fans :

http://www.freeslotter.de/index.php?pag ... c669f512c7

Regards,
Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu May 05, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi Roland

The link you supplied has restricted access so I couldn't see anything.

Frankenslot in Germany has small decoders, but they are not full function like the Carrera ones. Close but they have no Ghost or Pace mode.

Where you trying to show a new product?

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Fri May 06, 2016 2:31 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:03 am

Thanks Roland

That is useful info. I am using the decoder illustrated first. I pulled it out of the cars that came with the set.

Conversion follow up

I added a 20 ohm resistor to the small can motor I use and now I can use the full range of speed adjustments as allowed by the Carrera CU when running nomag

Also had a second set of tail light LEDs burned out. I will have to add a 100 ohm resistor to protect them. The bright white headlight LED can typically handle more voltage and they have been fine
But the rear voltage supplied to the rear ones seems to be excessive from the chip

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:09 pm

Here is the D132 track in place and painted. So the conversion is now complete. D132 being used for 143. I was able to keep the layout small with this hybrid set up, and am enjoying the features of the Carrera D132 system. This combined with Bruce's RMS is opening up the possibilities.

The 132 straight now means when I run 132 scale cars they can actually pass

I am adding to the pit area to tie into the new track, and everything was piled in the infield to make room for the Demo and rebuild. So a little messy at the moment.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun May 08, 2016 9:10 am

I got the layout back together and the guard rails up. You can see the Painted GO Double LC.( wasn't fond of the red)

My planned starting grid. Only the 906 is converted. I just ordered more decoders to make this starting grid a reality

I am not sure what racing 6 cars will be like as the track is not that big, so I might have to pair it down to 4 for actual racing. I guess I will find out.

So that completes my track conversion for now. I might add one more GO double LC on the short back straight. All in, I think the use of the D132 down the front straight worked out OK. It is visually appealing to see so much road around these cars. Converting back to GO allows for more course on this 12' X4 ft' space.

I did some DIY wiring to the CU to allow me to run Analog on this as well, as if you haven't noticed I have a passion for building cars and I do not want to stop my Analog fun. I do need to wire in the Analog power supply still to make this a reality. I beleive The transition pieces with the merge happening on the inside lane will tend to even up the racing line between the inside and outside lane for analog racing. You can't get on the throttle as fast coming onto the straight and you have to back off a little early at the end of it
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikeySlotCars » Mon May 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Really nice work & thank you for sharing

This could be very useful if I go Digital one day but now I doubt I will ever go that route.. :?:

Because all I care about is to race more then 2 cars (When friends & family comes over)
I don't really care about pit lane/stop , refueling or braking & all the other extra's gadgets as I am not a serious racer I don't even like or watch race track event like Nascar or F1 , etc... I am more like a street racer type of guy...

However I do like the appearance of a pit lane/stop I think it looks nice on a slot car track layout & that is the only reason I have one functional (Analog) in my layout just to get the cars to go in & out for the fun of it...

What I care about is to have a lap counter/time , some change lanes & be able to race up to 4 cars/player at the same time so AC2 system give me all that for a super low cost...

Specially now that I have find a way to race 4 cars at once (AC2) with change lanes & the ability to use the pit stop (2 lane) for any of the 4 cars independent controlled (after months of trying multiple layouts & ideas) I am now an happy camper...

BTW: Are you going to expand your track one day & make a bigger layout?
Seems like a really small layout to race more then 2-4 cars on it... IMO

Anyhow keep posting what you're doing , really great work so far & specially on the cars :text-bravo:

Mikey
Last edited by MikeySlotCars on Mon May 09, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Mon May 09, 2016 1:56 pm

The track looks amazing! Love the scenery.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Tue May 10, 2016 8:38 am

Great work! :text-bravo:
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MichiganCur » Tue May 10, 2016 10:56 am

Looks nice, and great information!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed May 11, 2016 8:07 am

This was a problem, and an annoyance so I am getting rid of it and moving the transiton in the corner using a tighter radius on the inside lane. Halfway through the redo, but I will post pictures once it is completed.

Just in case anyone was thinking of doing something similar.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BazingaRacerX » Wed May 11, 2016 2:45 pm

Really appreciate the sharing. Hoping that this summer we'll finally get something up and running again.
BazingaRacerX

Postby BARC 1 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:32 am

Here is the redone transition from 132 track back to GO. It is much better this way and pretty seemless and smooth through the corner now

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale