[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Gaydon 1/43 hillclimb.

Gaydon 1/43 hillclimb.

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Gaydon 1/43 hillclimb.

Postby LloydL » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:19 pm

LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Gaydon 1/43 hillclimb.

Postby chappy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:24 pm

I have feeling you are going to be quote busy at the UKSF Lloyd.
That is a definite attraction.
Best of luck and keep the pics of the progress coming.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby MichiganCur » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Nice, what's the footprint and rise on that?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:02 pm

Neat!
I'm always interested in hillclimbs. One in 1/43 is something new.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:34 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

This is like a small part of my home rally track, but with much easier turns. The final, routed version may be like this, or may have reverse lopps top and bottom.

MichiganCur, I cannot remember the actual size, I made it to fit in the back of my small Peugeot hatchback. The angle when assembled is 30 degrees, I will take the measurements tomorrow and post them then.

So do I WB2, my home track is 14' long, 3' deep and the height from the lowest road to the highest road is about 5', so this one is just a tiddler!

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MichiganCur » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Thanks Loyd, was thinking about trying to route a hillclimb thinking it would be a bigger track in smaller footprint. Something to practice routing and scenery on before I try a regular full sized track

MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:29 pm

Man that is a cool track..
Just my style..

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:05 am

great layout, Lloyd, very nice!
the only thing that i´m very afraid of is that very steep decline on the right side going down from the top to the bottom. be sure to have a safety net at the end ;)
did you think about reverse loops on top and on the bottom?
what is the date for the slotcar festival? i have a switching relais for reversing power just for a hill climb lying around here, but i would need to build the electronics to activate it by light bridges in the slot with CNY37 detectors ...
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:32 am

Thanks guys.

Peter, I am doing a template with top and bottom loops. I have someone who knows electronics much better than me working on it, but I need to keep both options open given the time limits.

The festival is on the 14th and 15th of May.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:46 am

LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cyclone60 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:41 am

Great track ! :clap:
You should have lots of fun :music-rockout: :music-rockout:
Keep the pics coming in :banana-gotpics:
cyclone60
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:50 am

Thanks Cyclone 60.

MichiganCur, I have the measurements.

Space required when in use, width 51" depth 31" height 19 1/2"

Base 51" x 27"

Frame, 51" x 35".

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:32 am

it´s awesome Lloyd!
it makes my fingers twitchy to build a hillclimb.
only need to find some space ....
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:21 pm

You do not need much space Peter!

Now that there is another 1/43 slot hillclimb not far from me in the UK, does this mean a possible circuit and hillclimb proxy?

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MichiganCur » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:43 pm

Cool tanks for the measurements

MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale