[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/43 Legends of Racing, Lorenzen & Pearson finished!

1/43 Legends of Racing, Lorenzen & Pearson finished!

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: 1/43 Legends of Racing, Benny Parsons redone!

Postby Cjent » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 am

That looks good, Bill!
To get the wheels off, I take the tires off, and use 2 pair of pliers to twist them off the axle.
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:32 am

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:08 pm

They are looking good Bill, gee you keep workin like that you'll be done by next week.

wish I had the time, when I get home from working in the cold and the nice warm house I set down and the heat makes me goto sleep must be getting old.
So I never get to the room to get my little projects done
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks Guys. You're right Peter. i couldn't leave it like that. I've got Curtis Turner and Fireball Roberts ready for mounting. Had to extend the Pontiac chassis though, no way to cheat :violin: . After these 2 I'll start on the 12. 5 of those will be repaints.
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tigeracer » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:30 pm

The cars look great ,Bill!
For the wheels that won't budge, someone once suggested heating the axle first.
Might be worth a try...
Keep 'um coming'!
Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/43 Legends of Racing, Fireball Roberts finished!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Finished Fireball Roberts with the extended SCX chassis.
Here's the chassis mounted to the body. I'll fill in the gap and paint it.

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/43 Legends of Racing, Fireball Roberts finished!

Postby Broman62 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/43 Legends of Racing, Conversions finished!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:15 am

The tires will not come off the wheels. I don't need the tires off. Now I have no problems taking the wheels off the axles either. I've figured the cuts I need to make in the SCX chassis that enables me to pop the axle out and back in to the chassis. With the axle out of the chassis, it's no problem for me to get a hand on each wheel and twist one off if I need to shorten the wheelbase. I can't lengthen the wheelbase the way I shortened it because the post for the guide and the metal contact strips are in the middle there and right in the way.
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:30 am

Wonder how much I can get for these, considering the Cars were 5/$20($4each) and the New SCX chassis were $10each. LOL
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:52 pm

This is the last of the doubles. Still not sure if I want to go on to the 12I've got David Pearsons 71 Cyclone and Jack Smiths 60 Bonnie down off the shelf though. I took my drivers test in a 60 Bonneville, whatta boat!! I'd learned to drive in my Dad's little 55 Caddie what a difference when I got into that Pancho at the registry!!!

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/43 Legends of Racing, Curtis Turner finished!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Bill - what I like most about you is that when you get to it, you really GET to it! Holy cow have you been busy! The cars look great!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:42 pm

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Fred Lorenzen and David Pearson:

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/43 Legends of Racing, Lorenzen & Pearson finished!

Postby dge467 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:31 pm

That is a great field of vintage stockers you are kit bashing! Nice work!
dge467
The King of Foil

Re: 1/43 Legends of Racing, Lorenzen & Pearson finished!

Postby Broman62 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale