[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Permanent Go! track...

Permanent Go! track...

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Permanent Go! track...

Postby MikeySlotCars » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:20 pm

Part 1...
I've been trying multiple layouts (for months) until I came out with something I really like enough to go permanent

Many people might remember my older 3 lanes track that I had before , when I took it apart I was stock with lots of single track lane so I decided to take 2 single lane & clued it (hot glue) together to make back to a 2 lanes track again

Here some pictures...

I use 2x 4"1/2 track to hold the single track together & masking tape so that the glue doesn't go trough the track & glue it to the table...

Turned it upside down & put the glue

Glue dry & tape removed

Once I decided what layout I wanted I started to tight the track joints by using a small flat screw drivers so I can get a better contact all over the layout

Cut some tracks to get the length needed for the layout...

Before putting back the rails on the track you have to make it straight again with long nose pliers

Put back the rails & cut the extras rails out

Next part 2

Mikey
MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Permanent Go! track...

Postby MikeySlotCars » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:21 pm

MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BazingaRacerX » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:32 am

Nice work. I'm going to be following this thread closely. :banana-dance:
BazingaRacerX

Postby Cjent » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:33 am

Super work!
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:33 am

Now there is a track.Looks great.
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:00 pm

WOW!!!!
Not only a GREAT looking / flowing track - but AWESOME tutorial pictures on modifying track sections and making flowing aprons!
VERY cool!!!
Thank you for sharing!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby MikeySlotCars » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Thanks! guys...

I always appreciated when people take the time to respond to the work I've done it makes me fell good & encourage me to do/show some more... thanks! again guys

Next under the table power taps wiring hopefully all done by tonight...
Stay tuned...

BTW: The foam board borders (Aprons) that I'm using right now is only to give me an idea on how it will looks like , the borders are going to be made out of 1/4" MDF

Mikey
MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:51 pm

I still really like that two pin/pencil jig set up! That is just plain slick!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:51 pm

Really great looking track and the way you did the borders is genius!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby loosesalute » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:38 am

Yes, and the grey track looks ace! :banana-dance:
Cheers
Kev
loosesalute

Postby MikeySlotCars » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:13 pm

Thanks! guys...

Power taps wiring is finally done , it was a much longer job then I though it would be , anyhow lets start the pictures...

I was having a hard time finding screw terminal in store near home or when I found one it was to expensive IMO so I came up with the idea of using phone jacks terminal it works great & cheap to buy

Here the phone jacks terminal & wire that I bought

Now I just had to remove the phone wire from the terminal & replace the screws in another hole to make some room between the wire connections

I marked lane #1&2 at every track that I have a power taps connected to & also under the table , I also marked the wires so I don't get them mixed up...

Now the fun of working under the table begins...

Here is where the power taps are located on the layout

BTW: The power supply & controllers are only temporary for now

Next the borders (aprons)...

Mikey
MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:46 am

LOVE all the detail pictures on this thread! Great stuff!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Dodgefarmer » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:24 am

Phone jacks! Thank you Mickey. :) That is 1 super setup for sure. This thread is going to be a "Huge" help on my next track.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikeySlotCars » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:41 pm

MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:26 am

I used Masonite (hardboard) for my aprons. The masonite and 1 layer of construction paper is almost perfect.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale