I'm going to start the builder's tip page

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

I'm going to start the builder's tip page

Postby racer6583 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:04 pm

If the WISE ONE don't mind.
Begin by removing the power rail from the SCX and remove a piece of plastic that is under the power rail metal insert tab.
This is the start of putting a SCX tri oval to a Carrera go.
I found that if you trim the connector tabs of the SCX like this the slots of the Carrera and SCX line up real good.
The connector tabs on the Carrera go must be trim close to half the width for the grove to line up with the SCX.
I used copper wire to keep a good connection for the current to flow.
Join the track together like this or solder the connection if you are going to have a permanent set up.
But before you solder the joint make sure your car rolls by the joint without catching the power rail if your car catches the rail use a small flat tip screwdriver and press the rail down so the car can pass over and the rail dose not catch the car and then your ready to have fun.
This is how it should look when you are done notice the indentations in the power rails this was done so the cars can run in either direction without catching the power rails.

I hope this helps you out and gives you all some ideas to share something of interest to you or us.
Thanks.
Rex
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale