[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: what´s on your bench right now? [1/43]

Postby LloydL » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:13 pm

I have a Karmann Ghia diecast that I plan to mould.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:40 pm

I was going to do a Ghia in 1/32 scale but my diecast subject car turned out to be about 1/36 scale so I stalled on the project. It would be a fun build to add some RSR type rear wheel flares and a wing to make a Racing Ghia. I think it would look pretty sharp when it was done.

Lloyd
I was going to do that Volvo you sent me, but I was modding the shell to turn it into a two door, and my chop saw kicked back and turned the casting into a jigsaw puzzle. So no Volvo 122 for me. Learned a lesson. Use hand saws when cutting resin shells.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:07 am

pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:19 am

These wings need to be cast silicone to stand up better. I think every car I have with a wing on it has been damaged at some point
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:38 pm

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:57 am

that #24 Nascar looks great!
looking forward to see more of this build!
where did you get the bodies?
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:14 am

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:53 am

They look really nice Aki. I need to add some NASCAR to my stable.

IS there something special about the guides?

I purchased a bunch of Peter's guides from Shapeways, and I really like them. I am using them on my 132 builds as well. They are thin enough to allow me to add some credit card strips to them if I want to change the length or make them slightly deeper.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:24 pm

Peter's guides are just fine, it's just the loose one on the picture which is not printed correctly and is missing the arm.
It was brand new, not sure did it came with one of the chassis I have purchased or with 10 pcs set.
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:13 pm

pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:41 am

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:58 am