[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford vs Porsche round 12 Edmonton

Ford vs Porsche round 12 Edmonton

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Re: Ford vs Porsche round 12 Edmonton

Postby Audi1 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:19 pm

I like the racing order of the cars in the pic...…….!! :D

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:27 pm

I asked Dariusz to take some pics of the overall winners for the series.

Here are a couple of shots of them; #23b, #70 and #21:

And here's a little shot of the cars that were just off the podium for this series; a great group of cars to race:

Thanks Dariusz!

And thanks to all of the racers in the Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy - 12 Rounds - around the world and some very good racing!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Allan, thanks for organizing another great proxy. The host, the drivers and the scoring were all done very well and in a timely manner. I look forward to the next and the next as you make it easy to enter, have fun and learn. Thank you
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:36 pm

A question from me as a non-competitor if I may?

Does Dariusz's track have magnetic braid?

I'm trying to work out how Monte's car dropped so far down the list for this last race.

Thanks!

Dennis
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:39 pm

Hello Dennis

Copper braid, zero magnetic effect.

Our track is urethane track, if Monte had rubber on it that’s what happen. Tom’s ford seats on Othman grey dust original, Rob’s on yellow dogs, if we will be racing only rubber like group 5 then there will not be any surprises but when we have a mix that what happened. From other side I’m allowing only tape to be used to clean tires, any kind of lighter liquid or other formula is no-no for me, is just not fair. We had one round during this proxy where window cleaner what’s used and race had probably only one heat ( I’m assuming that from numbers of laps so I might be wrong) 3minutes long, which was absolutely unfair in my opinion to urethane guys. That’s why we have 12 rounds in this proxy, what you lose in one round you can make it up in next but You know that. Nothing bad occurred during the race, some cars desloted few times but not too many times that it can be suspicious. Some were just more drivable then others.

Regards
Dariusz
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:15 pm

Thanks, Dariusz.

The results are what they are, but the mix of rubber and urethane among the cars has not changed across 12 races, so I was wondering why this particular race had such different results.

I do think that Proxy organizers have to take tire compounds mixtures into account when setting up the rules, and personally I think that they also should not allow tracks with magnetic braid unless there is a spec motor for the series.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:50 pm

I will try to take close picture of our track surface. You can't for sure call it smooth maybe that could be the reason. Is painted with chalkboard paint.
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ckouba » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:06 am

Dennis,

The same thing happened to my 819 car when we ran in SA (I think) on a primarily urethane track. The tires I selected didn't like it and that's what appears to have happened to my 819 car again here. Seems like it didn't affect my 505 car too much though, which is interesting because they are both on rubber.

Still fared pretty well overall, though not as well as Monte did!

Chris
ckouba

Postby kidvoltage » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:37 pm

In some proxies we've gotten around this by limiting downforce. In others where it goes unchecked you can see this sort of random performance increase for the "downforce kings" that disappears once the magna-braid or metal rails are no longer in play. Then there's the magnetic paint which you can lay down as you like to "influence" certain track areas more than others.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:12 am

What a great proxy! Thanks to all the hosts and entrants. Allan, thank you for all you do for proxy racing.
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:08 am

Great group of cars guys. The car I sent ran fantastic laps at one of our clubs tracks but was in the bottom third in this entire proxy, Two thirds of you built some really fast/smooth cars. Looking forward to the next event.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:07 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:51 pm

Dariuz

Any news on he shipping status of the cars.? I sent a pm with my address but haven’t heard back. Just wondering what the status might be
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:16 pm

Hello everyone, any updates on the cars?
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Hello guys

My apologies for the delay, I’m in the middle of work season end some of her stuff, cars were sent to Allan yesterday, should be with him in next 5 days. Once again sorry for the delay.

Thanks
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy 2017