[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Any updates?

Any updates?

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Any updates?

Postby Lou E » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:14 am

Where in the world are the cars now? :D
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Any updates?

Postby kidvoltage » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:41 am

I believe they are on the way to Munters in New Zealand.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:07 pm

I believe so......nothing has arrived so far.

The post is fast, the post is slow, and why? I dont know.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby yebo » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:55 am

Any up date on the cars, maybe we need to check on Bid and Buy.za they might be there :lol:
yebo

Postby kidvoltage » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 am

kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Well looks like Customs has stopped and taken a hard look at the cars.rumor is the The Whittington brothers had come out of the force retirement and sponsored with ill gotten money the 23g / kidvoltage Porsche. the drug sniffing dogs got a hit on the car and the rest of lot have been held up till they all can be inspected.so nice going there Montie.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:27 pm

It was that niff of tire oil that made the dogs bite....because there is still nothing at my place and I have no idea where the box currently is.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:42 pm

you guys are funny...but all kidding aside do we actually know where the cars are? Has the tracking number been updated?
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:23 am

Believe it or not, I just saw this thread...

I've asked Richard (slotting since 1963); the shipper, to track the package. I've messaged John (munter) several times over the past month asking if he's received the cars - so far he hasn't. I'll post more or will ask Richard to post more when he gets the tracking information back from the shipper.

Sorry for the delay; the usual time to get cars from South Africa to New Zealand is 2-3 weeks. We've done it successfully at least half a dozen times before, so I'm not sure what's wrong this time.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:32 am

Well have heard anything or do we need send out search and rescue.
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Richard is getting an unusual reply on tracking; something to the effect that no tracking information is available in New Zealand. So, logic would put the cars in New Zealand, but their status is a question mark. Richard is looking into it further and I’m sending John the tracking number tonight.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:31 pm

We can hope there sitting on some post office shelf waiting be delv and not dropped off and some house with little kids thinking christmas came early down under. Reminds me of one day I came home from work and ask the wife how your day went.her reply was great picked up her young nephews and took them out for launch and was told there in the back yard playing with your old hot wheels collection.which I replied that did not have a no such collection. What they did find was my mint thunder jet cars I had from when I was a kid from the late 60 and early 70. Well you can just imagine what two 8years can do to 20 thunder jets in a sand box
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:32 pm

parcels coming into NZ have had some big delays as of late
they get tied up in customs sometimes for several weeks
given that there are so many cars in the package they might be looking at why so many and their value
and do they need to tax them, hope not
so hopefully that is all it is
I have been looking forward to there arrival
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:50 am

We're still working on this. At this point, frankly, we don't know if they cars have left SA or not. Richard (slotting since 1963) is following up with the SA Post and hopefully we'll know more soon. As soon as I know something more about their whereabouts, I'll post it to this thread.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Here's an update; it's not the greatest, but there is a path forward to the next Round.

Richard (slotting since 1963) found a sympathetic ear at the SA Post when he called yesterday. Apparently, the cars have been sitting in SA since Richard took them to the Post on February 6th. The reason for this is not known at the moment, but Richard is trying to use his contact to find out why we've had a 1+ month, in-place '"sit" on the cars. The good news is that they were shipped out of SA today and are now on their way to John (munter) in New Zealand. The usual transit time is about 2 weeks from SA to NZ, so look for an update from munter around the end of this month.

Sorry for the delay; it's certainly not in anyone's best interest and it's hard to fathom how the cars could have been held up for such a long period of time. We've never had this kind of problem with shipping cars from SA, but we'll know next time to keep a close check on the tracking early-on to be sure that the cars have actually left the country.

I wish that the news was better, but it's not. More in about 2 weeks time.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy 2017