[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #2 - Cornerstone Raceway

Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #2 - Cornerstone Raceway

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #2 - Cornerstone Raceway

Postby docdoom » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:31 pm

I think I needed to put more motor in DA car. only 21k in her
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:08 pm

Yes ,I am only running 19 K motors. My cars are small so I thought they would be handful with any more.
Last edited by BARC 1 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby yebo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:16 am

First thanks for running the time trials Bob, I think my car is the only car with a Lexan guide,car # 54.
A wise old Owl emailed me about clear guides that might not get picked up by sensors in some tracks,only after I posted the cars.lol
Did my car not count laps?,I'm not sure how mounted sensors work,do they see the guide from the side or underneath?
Would using a black permanent marker make it work if you black markered on the edge of the guide blade,if this is allowed or if no one objects.(maybe black marker as much of the guide as possible)If this is a problem and anyone does object,that's ok with me,I'll put this down to another learning curve.
Yes I should have done my homework on guide making and track sensors before sending my car.lol
Good luck to all come race day.
yebo

Postby Lou E » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:49 am

Congratulations on the qualifying everyone, and thanks to Bob for putting in the work while we sit back and have fun.

When I had a working track :cry:, I had the Carlson sensors also and whenever I had a guide that wouldn’t trigger the sensor, I would just use a sharpie to darken it. It usually would last long enough to go a whole round.

Looks like I have a decent midpack car, I’m happy with that!! :dance:
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:08 pm

Well, at least the “J” car is pretty... probably not going to do better in the race, never had much hope for the 30 car...., but what a cool series! Looking forward to the results for round 2.

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:13 pm

Great work with qualifications.
That smokeio car must be awesome to drive.
Looking forward to race. Good luck to all

Radarek :banana-dance:
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:15 pm

F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mether05 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Ref: Guides (1) yellow translucent and (1) clear

This is a first for me, I was checking wiring, sensors, SW, restarted computer, you name it before going to the Sharpie. I then tried a black Sharpie on the #21 car, and it lasted about 5-6 laps before it wore off and it started to miss laps again.

After talking with Daniel from TrackMate, and per his suggestion, I used black vinyl electrical tape on the guide blade. That is working well, so far.

Hopefully this solves the issue at least here. I'll remove the tape after this round.
mether05
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Thanks to all who participated in running the time trials. After all 39 cars qualified, my #9 dropped to 11th place. Out of 39 cars that still puts it in the top 1/3 of the field. Now my #6 is in the bottom 1/3. Was expecting better since it is an NSR but that's OK. Probably needs an upgraded NSR chassis that has the built in front axle adjustments. I was shocked to see that the stock chassis did not have this. I did add Slot Car Corner axle blocks however. It might just be the gear ratio and sounds like the tires didn't get perfect on the tire machine. I'll have a talk with the chief engineer.

Looking forward to race day and hope the #9 can move up the leader board.

:text-thankyouyellow:
Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:27 pm

I wonder if black dye would color that guide?

I put a 22k in the 908. And its heavy-keeps it planted and it accelerates very hard, tried to really blend the tires edges, chattered a little here on some plastic...same chatter woth a 20k, pleased where it is against you guys, for a first time its like treading water uphill, lol.

I think better revving torque in this voltage range, a little even shorter gearing, and figuring out lighter that sticks. More narrow tire maybe...
Wish I'd landed decals in time so it looked the part.
Good luck to all!

Paul
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:45 am

Thanks for running the qualy on this field, Bob; time considerations, tire challenges, guide challenges and all. Try turning up the brakes on your controller for cars #3 and 14; couldn't hurt..............haha! :lol:

Looking forward to the race!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JT Previa » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:25 am

Welcome racefans!

Drivers are preparing, the grid is set and the second round of the Ford vs Porsche Wars is about to begin!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JT Previa » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:26 am

The honor of Dearborn and Zuffenhausen is on the line!

JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JT Previa » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:27 am

It's a crisp clear day in New England !

JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JT Previa » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:27 am

Slotboxes heading into the venue.