Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby OrakeiRacer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks Allan and the team for kicking off a great series. It was like waiting for Christmas ... one more sleep! Congrads to the top 3. I see 133 was blocking to hold 4th place - good car(I trained you well!). 211 is still in the top 10 so happy with that, had a inkling it would be a bit more of a handful in a race situation - now if I could get Allan to glue some piano wire into the rear of the chassis, maybe reset up the front, new motor, it would be sweet... :lol:
Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!
OrakeiRacer
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:19 am

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby Lou E » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Well done everyone!!!

Thank you for a great, action filled first round. You guys kicked this thing off right!!
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby arroldn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Thanks Allan and crew for running the inaugural race of the Ford-Porsche Wars.
Congratulations to the Podium finishers. I am tickled red to be in the top 1/3 of the field ahead of some known fast proxy car builders. I just hope the car can stay in the upper 1/3 of the field. Now my Ford that's another story. I should have changed that gear I think but it was a quick replacement for a car that was having issues. Guess it will just ride around in the bottom 1/3.

Thanks again and hats off to all participants.

Arrold
User avatar
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:26 pm
Location: Nashville TN

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby mrollingthunder » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Great job guys, and thanks for the great photos! I love the shot of my Mirage under the MKIV, some people say it's owner has the same driving style on 1:1 racetrack.... ;)
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:30 pm

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby F1Fan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Thank you to Allan and team for bringing us this round, great to see the series getting underway so soon.

Congratulations to everyone that is pleased with their result and well done to those on the podium.

Grabbing my iPad and checking the news and fav forums is what I do first thing when I wake up in the morning, I was delighted to see #7 in 13th spot, a good improvement from qualifying...then I turned the iPad the right side up and car #7 dropped to 31st :D

My skills in proxy car building has obviously slipped, at least I still have my health and sense of humor!

Cheers

Chris
F1Fan
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby arroldn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Chris,
I doubt seriously if your car building skills have slipped. It must be the parts are getting better and if one does extensive research you can see what has been working in various proxies. Now I do know some builders never show their gear ratios. They seem to always be in the top 5 (um wonder who that could be)? I just hope my #9 can stay in the top 1/3rd.


Arrold
User avatar
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:26 pm
Location: Nashville TN

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Wow what a change from qualifying up and down the grid. Congratulations to Drw21, Kidvoltage (that #23 I was talking about) and Sir Smokeio. Amazing how the #111 and the #33 virtually swapped places from qualifying to racing. That was truly unexpected. Allan, Thank you for hosting and posting, Matt, Bob and Jeff thanks for getting the most out of my cars and Bob thanks for marshaling as I'm sure my cars kept you busy.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby CrockettNZ » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 pm

thanks for running the round guy's
congrats to the podiumites
mid pack for my car but I am happy with that
bring on race 2
Slot cars are my drug
NZ can-am proxy host
NZ Grp5 proxy host
User avatar
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:11 pm
Location: Napier New Zealand

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby DRW21 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Thank You to the team that made the 1st race of this awesome series such a big kick off for a start.
I bet the racing was very close looking at the lap times and total distance covered.
Great write up and pix too, love the cheeky comments, keep them coming.
Well done guys, bring on race 2.
Dave
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby Audi1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:06 am

F1Fan wrote:Grabbing my iPad and checking the news and fav forums is what I do first thing when I wake up in the morning, I was delighted to see #7 in 13th spot, a good improvement from qualifying...then I turned the iPad the right side up and car #7 dropped to 31st :D



You don't go #1 in the CanAm proxy and #1 in the Group 5 NA proxy in the same year by chance, Chris............. ;) Love the cheeky humor!

Allan
User avatar
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 3205
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:25 am
Location: Merrimac, MA

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby Audi1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:10 am

Brumos RSR wrote:Wow what a change from qualifying up and down the grid. Congratulations to Drw21, Kidvoltage (that #23 I was talking about) and Sir Smokeio. Amazing how the #111 and the #33 virtually swapped places from qualifying to racing. That was truly unexpected. Allan, Thank you for hosting and posting, Matt, Bob and Jeff thanks for getting the most out of my cars and Bob thanks for marshaling as I'm sure my cars kept you busy.


Hi Tony, Yup, the #111 is actually the faster car, but the #33 can be thrown into the corners at speed and when people are racing, that's the kind of handing that they hope for. So, as we've seen over and over, the slower car that can be driven faster through the turns is almost always faster overall than the straight line bullet that has to be backed way off to get through the corners. I think that both of your cars did well; I would have been happy with either of their positions.........!

Allan
User avatar
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 3205
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:25 am
Location: Merrimac, MA

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:55 am

Audi1 wrote:
Brumos RSR wrote:Wow what a change from qualifying up and down the grid. Congratulations to Drw21, Kidvoltage (that #23 I was talking about) and Sir Smokeio. Amazing how the #111 and the #33 virtually swapped places from qualifying to racing. That was truly unexpected. Allan, Thank you for hosting and posting, Matt, Bob and Jeff thanks for getting the most out of my cars and Bob thanks for marshaling as I'm sure my cars kept you busy.


Hi Tony, Yup, the #111 is actually the faster car, but the #33 can be thrown into the corners at speed and when people are racing, that's the kind of handing that they hope for. So, as we've seen over and over, the slower car that can be driven faster through the turns is almost always faster overall than the straight line bullet that has to be backed way off to get through the corners. I think that both of your cars did well; I would have been happy with either of their positions.........!

Allan


Thanks Allan again. I thought I was out of time as I planned on adding additional weight to the 111 to tone things down a little. To diversify I sent the time proven 33 which is participating in its 5th proxy with changes along the way. I'm excited as we are racing and I enjoy participating 1st and foremost. :auto-layrubber: :auto-nx:
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby alexis in greece » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:32 am

Thanks Allan and team for running the inaugural race of Ford-Porsche Wars.
Congratulations to the podium winners.As for my car (#28) target was not met(top half) ,i could not make that chassis to work satisfactorily and run out of time.
User avatar
alexis in greece
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:20 am

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby docdoom » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:50 am

Great job to all.I did better than I thought I would do with this my 1st proxie ever and only been back into slot cars for little over two years.had twenty years racing rc cars so lot of that can be passed along.t y for the 3rd place . Off to the next round
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:09 pm
Location: Vancouver Wash

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby Smokeio » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:17 am

Thanks for the great run. This proxy looks to be a competitive series!
User avatar
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:15 am

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy 2017

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest