[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Allan, thanks to you and your team for the qualifying run and congratulations to the top 3. That #70 with no tires is always the shiny object I'm trying to catch. Super fast and will only get faster I'm sure. I think Sunday is going to be tons of fun, enjoy it and good luck to all the participants of one of the most anticipated proxies in the WORLD!!!!
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Doc, I qualified just below you. My car is listed as 23R I assume for red, Monte's appears to be 23G (green). It looks like Monte put the wrong number on his car. :clap:
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:37 pm

I looked through that list 5 times and never saw that....... well that mystery is solved,off to the races we go. good luck to all
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Congratulations to the podium qualifiers. Some fast times. With this size field I'm glad to see my Porsche 906 sitting in #16 ahead of some known top notch car builders. I just hope it races well. Now my GT40 which was a complete rush and quick turn around after the original Slot.it car had issues, I just hope it cracks into the top 2/3s. Right now it is 5 spots off the pace. Thanks for the comments. I hope both cars move up the leader board.

Good luck to all and thanks to Allan and the crew for getting this party started.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:03 am

Ouch!

At least the fall from 29th? to the bottom will be less painful, but the climb to the top is a loooong way!

Thanks to those that are running and organizing this series, your efforts with a large field of cars are much appreciated

Congratulations to those that are pleased with their result, better luck to the rest of us next time.

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:33 am

Thanks Allan and Bob for hosting and qualifying the cars it is a lot of work to get through.
I was not at all happy with my car when i sent it fearing for the worst so any result in the top half is satisfactory
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:01 am

For those of you that may be surprised/disappointed by your qualification results (including me!), let me say that my track has, for some reason, always been much friendlier to rubber tires than it has to urethanes. I don't know this for sure, but I would bet that the top qualifiers are running a rubber tire compound. It would be interesting to have the top 10 qualifiers chime in on whether they're running a rubber compound or urethanes. I know that the top 2 cars are on rubber. The only one who has ever won on my track with urethanes is Chris Walker (chrisguyw) and I have no idea how he does it, but he does, he just has urethanes dialed in. I'm running urethanes for the first time in this proxy to try to see if better tire prep could help me overcome my urethane nemesis; obviously, I failed.

My track is painted with a flat latex paint and micro-sanded to give it just a little tooth. It's cleaned before each race, vac'd and gone over with a tack cloth. It's a clean track and you can see that by looking at the grid pics in the qualy post. It's definitely not rubbered-in, yet rubber tires, outside of silicones, seem to perform best. The track record of 5.020 is on silicones and guess who holds that record.........right - smokeio!

Keep in mind that the results that you see in qualification are apt to be different on other tracks, so anyone on urethanes - don't give up the ship based on your qualy results for Round #1!

Again, good luck to all in the race!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:35 am

Thanks guys for running a great looking bunch of cars!
Interesting to know the track likes rubber, my first time on trued urethanes,
The series should be great, gonna look at the standings and see where each marque stands gridded,
Have fun!

Paul
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:38 am

Great idea, Paul. Post what you find.

Separately, we have a slight change of plans. We're going to move the first race out a little; not too much, just a little. The new date is Monday night (16th); starting around 6:30PM. So, pics, comments and results will be posted on Tuesday morning. Sorry for the delay.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:58 am

#27 sits on urethane-yellow dogs
#15 on orthmans
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:05 am

Yes Mitch and Doc, my car may have gotten a different number, it got hectic near the end.

Speaking for the 10th place car - it's all NSR save for the chassis.

Let's go racin'!
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:41 am

#33 is on NSR rubber 11th place in qualifying
#111 is on Thunderslot rubber 4th in qualifying

And yes the times are fast considering the limited motor RPMs. My Group 5 was on the pole with a 5.700 on a 25K motor last season at River Run. I'm sure things will even out w the urethane tire cars as the proxy continues
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:15 pm

Really looking forward to this series... The #13 runs Paul Gage Urethane's, and I'm not sure if the poor performance is attributed to flying off and landing on it's nose [on concrete] just before it shipped, or I shouldn't have allowed the driver to have a copy of SCM on the passenger seat, I thing he might be reading it instead of being focused on driving... Hahaha...

Congrats to all involved in this proxy... :music-rockout:
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:54 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Just as a reminder, these are the tracks that we'll be running on; and, likely, the order that they'll be run in.

1. The River Run (host: audi1) - Merrimac, MA
2. Cornerstone Raceway (host: mether05) - South Grafton, MA
3. Riverhills Raceway (host: cobratroy) - Lancaster, PA
4. The New 1953 Raceway (host: slotting since 1963) - Bloemfontein, SA
5. The Rhino River Raceway (host: slotting since 1963) - Bloemfontein, SA
6. The Anaconda (host: munter) - Napier, NZ
7. Orakei Raceway (host: DRW21) - Auckland, NZ
8. Blackwidow Raceway (host: CrockettNZ) - Napier, NZ
9. Pebblestone Model Car Circuit (host: gascarnut) - Irvine, CA
10. Penquin Point (host: kidvoltage) - Hillsboro, OR
11. TooBad Motorplex (host: kidvoltage) - Fairview, OR
12. Getcars Raceway (host: radarek) - Edmonton, Alberta
13. Canfield Green (host: chappy) - Picton, Ontarioi

For more details and a description of the tracks, go back to the thread titled: "Ford-Porsche Wars - The Tracks". You'll find it as a separate thread in the Ford-Porsche Wars folder in the JHRW Proxy forum.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy 2017