[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Porsche Wars - The Cars are Starting to Arrive!

Ford-Porsche Wars - The Cars are Starting to Arrive!

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Ford-Porsche Wars - The Cars are Starting to Arrive!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:29 am

The first two cars arrived yesterday and are on the track for some practice laps right now!

Mitch58 and docdoom got their entries here in plenty of time. Two Porsches!! One a 906 (mitch58) and the other a 908 (docdoom); both podded on aftermarket chassis:

So, I guess if we ran the race today............we wouldn't do that of course............... ;) then it would be a Porsche sweep! But, somehow, I don't think that the blue oval guys are quite ready to let that happen................

So, the party's begun!

Don't forget to check out the first post on the first page of the "Ford-Porsche Wars - Rules and Registration" thread for updates on cars that have registered and that have arrived for the first Round at The River Run!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - The Cars are Starting to Arrive!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:24 am

Two more Porsches showed up today......that's 4/0 Stuttgart vs. Detroit.........just sayin'..............haha! ;)

A 917, number 33 with a driver designation on the roof - nice touch, Tony, and a 907K, #111. Both look very competitive; different rears on these two cars, but both hook up well on my track. I think I see a Scaleauto SC-0020 blue can ball bearing motor in one of them - those really spool up quick when you hit the gas.

Two very nice looking cars - good luck!

Any Fords out there...............??

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi Allan, my 917-30 is battling me big time so I have decided to go with a Ford GT40 instead.
So sorry to have to deviate from plan B but plan C is gonna be sent your way as soon as possible.
With photobucket updating their business model I am unable to share any pix.
Looking forward to this race and the cars been built, Cheers Guys - Dave.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:47 pm

Geez, Dave - I've never had to deal with a Plan C in my life - ya, right - haha! :liar: Fine on the switch to a Ford GT-40. By the looks of the early arrivals, we could use a few more Fords anyway............

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:44 pm

Last edited by Brumos RSR on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Just loaded on the truck today, Diver said it will take him 2 days to get there.
Porsche 907K #276 - Targa Florio 1969 - Drivers: Dieter Dechent, Gerhard Koch
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:39 pm

I'll be watching for it, Austin.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:54 am

Three more cars arrived this week; two from BARC-1 (Dan) and one from Austin (Don).

Dan sent a Porsche 718 spyder and a Ford GT-40 and Don sent a Porsche 907k. The 718 is a gem of a little car and it's clearly going to be a crowd favorite as these cars make their way around the planet. Don's 907k has a really nice livery on it, sharp looking car.

So, we have 7 racers in house now and more than half of them are running long can motors in the 17-19,000 rpm range. Looks like a good idea to me.

FYI - I'll be on vacation from the 5th to the 19th, back on the 20th. Our mail is being held at the PO, so if you ship your car(s) during that time, I won't be able to acknowledge receipt of it/them until after the 20th.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:03 pm

Got the chassis almost built up and the body is coming along...waiting for decals to arrive. The Heartland car hopefully will be competitive.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:42 am

How are my entries liking the wood track? The little Porsche has never been off my short plastic home track. The GT40 did some time at The Edmonton track, although it is repowered with a tamer motor now. (20K Avant) I am looking forward to the running of this event. With cars on both sides I have my bets covered

The other entries you have received look stunning. Should be a fun event.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Tom, I'm sure you car will be competitive. Dan, I haven't turned any lap times; just checked to see that the cars are hooking up OK on the track and, so far, all of them are.

I ran each car when it arrived for the La Carrera PanAmericana-2 proxy and I decided against doing that this time. I'll run the qualifications all at the same time for this series; probably shortly after October 1st.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:13 pm

Allan

That is fair. Find out who is Fastest On Race Day. Leave you in some doubt as well until race day
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:38 am

New Zealand has come to the party! CrockettNZ's Slot.It Ford GT-40 arrived today, looking very sharp and competitive. Nice job on that one, for sure.

That's 2 Fords in so far..........

Allan

PS Don't forget that I'll be away from Sept 6th-20th, so if your car(s) arrive during that period of time, they will be safe, but I won't be able to acknowledge receipt of them until the 20th.
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:01 pm

cool clad it made and in quick time as well
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:25 am

While I was away, the Post Office was busy collecting boxes of cars. Here are the latest additions to the grid:

First up are two GT-40's from Chris (ckouba); one in the livery colors that he enjoys on the 1:1 scale!

Next was Monte's (kidvoltage) Porsche 917, sporting one of Dennis' brass chassis and lots of horsepower..........

Then came two cars from Dale (aloha); a Ford GFT-40 and a very nice Porsche 917.

Did someone say #21? That must mean that Dave West (drw21) is in the house. A very nice looking Ford GT-40 sporting one of the smoothest sets of rear tires that I've seen; if those are urethane, then they look as slick as what comes out of the bag!

And finally, Val's (glasshorsevh) entries; two Fords; one GT-40 and one very, very nice looking Ford J-Car. It's great to have a J-Car in this field; brings back memories of the days leading up to the GT-40 Mk1.

So, that's 8 more in-the-house. Let's see what today's mail brings.....

Remember, the target date for entries is October 1st, so get your car(s) finished up and in the mail as soon as you can; thanks.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy 2017