[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Postby Audi1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:54 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:41 am

Allan, thank you for these tuning tips! All very nice, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I spend most of my time designing, decals, stickers and taking photos — very, very little tuning and or even racing, so this again, is very much appreciated. If you would like any design, sticker printing tips, just holler!

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Remember my very first proxy car; the orange 911S Adamowitz TransAm car that we did as a collaboration............seems like a long time ago, but it was less than 3 years. Still a high water mark for me.

Hope those points help; I have others if you want to go deeper down the rabbit hole.............. ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:37 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:54 am

Porsche RS60, 718 RSK on its way to SoCal. The only mod I see right off is making the rear wheel opening shape flatter, matching the real one (comparison with MRRC Porsche 910 and real Porsche 718 RSK).

Last edited by studioRS on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:24 am

Those RS bodies are going to be really good!

I think I hear a fresh batch of resin being mixed up now somewhere in SoCal.................

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:44 am

I'd like to try my best to replicate the REAL Porsche 908/3 tires and rim proportions.

Will this proxy race rules consider allowing me to make mods to update a FLY Porsche 908/3 wheel sizes to best replicate the full scale real deal?

Here's what I'm trying to do, please let me know if I'm off the scale nutters wagon.

Compared to what FLY created...
- Full scale Porsche 908/3 front rims are SMALLER than the rears in width and diameter.
- Full scale Porsche 908/3 tires have more 'poke' — sidewall is super rounded.

FLY Porsche 908/3 has close to 15x8 front and 15x11 rear rims.

Would CB design insert 14x8 front rims and 15x12 rear rims do this job and then sand and shape PGT and or Quick Slicks to replicate the full scale? As long as the rear / front tire width was inside the body, it looks to be fine with the rules? Of course, keeping in mind the 1.2mm min clearance.

Rims appear to be same diameter, tire diameter is larger in rear.

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:57 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:03 am

Glad I inquired, that would have been a rookie move for sure! Got it on QuickSlicks. I'll dig into other rubber/urethane tire suppliers as you've noted and check on different sizes.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:51 am

ugh... My research on this rim/tire Porsche 908/3 Lufthansa Joest racing scale wheel "look" thing is going downhill fast, too much money for scale purism, with trial and (mostly) error on my part, which will turn into the needless expense. Passing up on the scale wheel binge moment I had.

This Fly classic Porsche 908/3 I have is essentially new, never run and after a full year of racing and crashing will definitely acquire racing patina and missing parts. All for fun really!

I'll see what I can do with what I've got and dial in this little racer.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:23 am

Don't give up the ship! - JPJones
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:25 pm

17390832_10211200394780278_8846543338755914154_o.jpg
This is my first attempt at posting a picture. This is what I came up with, it is an Eldon 906 body on a CG 3D universal chassis with a Slot It boxer motor.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:34 pm

Good looking Porsche 906, Mitch! Is your Slot.it motor IL or AW?

I'd say you've got the hang of posting pics.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:32 pm

It's inline. It still needs the interior installed. Other than that it's about done. Unless I wear it out before it's time to send it off.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:24 am

That old Eldon seems not too bad scale wise. I am running the crap out of the ones I built as well :D
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy 2017