[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:56 am

Thanks Clive, it was you who inspired me to try this. I am sure glad I did, as this is going to be a lot of fun. I am already liking the lines of this RS60. For me this is one of those, "why didn't I try this before" moments.

I sealed the wood master, engraved the panel lines, and gave it a shot of its first coat of primer.

More primer tomorrow and some wet sanding followed with going over the scribed lines again with a scriber. Just about ready for molding
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:25 am

Looks good, Dan! You're got the rear wheel wells looking much more spec with your wood buck. Will be following this one very closely.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:37 am

Dan, this balsa RS60 carving is super cool! Wow, impressive.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:22 am

Thanks. I am as surprised as anyone on the result. I would encourage others to give this a try. My first attempt was a 1967 BRM. I just was too cheap to spend £25 on resin "tube". The lines looked simple enough and thought I would give this carving a try. The BRM looked ok when I got done, so the RS 60 became the next attempt.

All the 132 examples I have seen were just not quite right. This is a small car, and I believe the fact that 130 type motors are used means the available shells are purposely deeper then the prototype so they swallow the chassis. Using the tiny motor will help the cause. In this regard it is following in the prototypes footsteps. My chassis skills are along way off of having me on a podium so sacrificing some power on this car will only be dropping me from mid pack.

Edited in picture of finished car

Got the car finished, so this will be my Porsche entry( I think, as I have enough time to try a more competitive set up and skip the interior detail using an inline 130 type motor)

Last edited by BARC 1 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:58 am

That's Hott Barc1!! This appears to be turning into a Porsche War, there has to be some Fords out there some where. First On Race Day!!!
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:34 am

Oh, don't worry. The NSR Ford GT-40 MkIV's are going to be well-represented and, as always, they will be very competitive.................!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:41 pm

So I'm well into the my build of the 908 and this is going to be a long shot. does anybody out there have a extra exhaust detail that came with fly 908 cars. I got the body from Cincyslots and did not come with one and I have search far and wide on on the great expanse called the web and have come up short in my quest. the 908 is FLUNDER LH so all is not lost if I don't find one. was going to post some pics but photbucket is on the fritz tonight.
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby urbanwarrior » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Decisions....decisions.....

urbanwarrior
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby urbanwarrior » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:27 pm

I'm personally not a huge fan of NSR guides, especially on wood. Anybody want to share their wood guide preferences. I find the Slot it wood guides can bind faster cars upon turning. I think the 1603/1604 Scaleauto guides work the best.
Thanks for any input.
John
urbanwarrior
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:55 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:08 am

The new Slotting Plus, adjustable length wood guide might be a good choice............

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:34 pm

docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:23 am

CARacing: Ford Mirage 1967
The build started as usual with a block of wood and a blueprint...

lots of carving, filing, sanding and cutting...now it looks like this...

soon as the paint is fully cured, I will make the silicone mold.

Thanx for following my story!

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:57 am

Always amazed that you can do such nice body work starting from a block of wood, Clive! Looking forward to seeing what it looks like coming from the mold.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ckouba » Wed May 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Wow. It never ceases to amaze me what creative, motivated, and talented people can do with their efforts. I went the easy route for a Mirage and found a used LMM with the Slot.It chassis underneath. This looks like real work!

Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Chris
ckouba

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy 2017