[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Postby Mitch58 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:59 am

Okay, it's running fast and smooth. Now to keep my hands off of it until I can get it in the mail. Eldon 906 body, 3D universal chassis, NSR motor, Slot It running gear.
Last edited by Mitch58 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:54 pm

Oh boy...that looks fast and mean!!! Good luck!!

Cheers
Clive
CARacing
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:05 pm

Agree, that looks like it will run well!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:48 am

I have finally completed my entry into the Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 on HRW, it's been a fun one to put together...

Looking forward to seeing all the racing action...

This will be in the mail and on it's way shortly...

All the best, and good luck to all involved...

Ron...

:auto-layrubber:
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:18 pm

Ok that is out of this world. Even to the magazine on the guest seat, Well done
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:44 pm

That's a sharp looking P68, Ron! Nice build.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Very nice, love the livery.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Looking good, that could be your next cover. Finishing early ...wish I could say the same!
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:49 am

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:51 am

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:07 pm

This man speaks the truth.............! Haha!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:29 pm

After many hours of running and tweaking I have settled on these two cars (GT40 and an RS61) to send into the proxy. Staying home will be the Porsche 917. Hard decision as it is my fastest car, but it is using an Avant chassis, and I just wanted to send in something I built myself. I also think there will be good representations of the 917.

The RS61 had a brass chassis built just for the sake of durability, it is running a 130 turning just under 18 K @ 12 volts and needless to say if you come into a corner too hot this little car will barrel roll. I got it to demonstrate some tail wagging to give the driver the feedback, but if you ignore this then you will lose it. This is a completely scratch built car with the body being carved from wood and cast in resin and a brass chassis.

The original chassis I built was good but I was relying on glue to hold the crown gear on the rear axle, and that didn't sit well with me for this proxy, so I built the brass and used all set screw components.

The GT40 is a Lego chassis with an Avant green can that I scoped out at 19700K @ 12 volts. Pretty stable car, and I think guys will find it easy to drive.

The duo turning practice laps prior to be shipped across the country.

Should get these packaged up and mailed out beginning of next week.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:30 am

" I also think there will be good representations of the 917. "

That and the 908 seem to be the popular cars as far as Porsches go. That's probably why I chose a 906 just for something different, that and the fact that I just like the way they look.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy 2017