[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Postby ckouba » Wed May 03, 2017 4:57 pm

ckouba

Postby docdoom » Wed May 03, 2017 8:03 pm

IF I tryed to do something like that it would end up as a toothpick when it was done with. maybe I would have more luck with clay. at least you can add clay back to the model not so much with wood..... So why dont you use clay???
Ty Chris on my car The eng exhaust detail showed up so let see what it does now think I got the binding out of it from install of it.
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Thu May 04, 2017 12:36 am

:text-goodpost: Your car looks outstanding for your first proxy race with the big guns. :text-bravo:
The F-1 Race had a first time winner :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag: last weekend, he had a great race holding off those two Red Ferrari's.. :auto-driving: :auto-driving:

bigman :flags-waveusa: BIG Fan :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-driving:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds RS61 Take 2

Postby BARC 1 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:12 pm

I built another RS61 for this proxy. This one was meant to run a little quicker then the first one. The body is a resin cast from a master I carved out of wood.

It is powered by an Avant green long can 180( 19700 rpm @ 12 volts). I utilized an Avant inline pod, brass plate and some Lego front bearing blocks. Rear axle runs in bearings and the front axle uses nylon bushings.

CB wheels with PGT urethanes

Home cast resin wheel inserts

Pioneer guide

Tired of silver I decided to paint this one red, with minimal decaling. I may add a tire and petroleum sponsor decals as well

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Sat May 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Dan, I think this is just awsome!!! great looking car and I like the red!

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:03 am

I agree, great looking car! Lots of motor under that body, that's for sure. How does the car handle the extra torque that comes with the long can motor?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:03 am

Thanks guys.

It is a pretty smooth runner at 10 volts. At 12 volts it is more of a handful. Lots of grunt coming out of the corners. On my home track it is slightly quicker then the twincans. When I was at Dariusz place though , I could see how much the twincans were giving up on the longer straights. This set up will cure that. :D it comes at the expense of a limited interior, but it is faster, and this is a race after all. The Avant green long cans are much different then the orange cans. I never measured the torque, but I can tell it is much lower. Almost zero magnetic advantage on steel rails, where as the orange cans suck the car down. The car should be fun to drive, and hopefully not be last.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:17 pm

some more progress for CARacing on the Ford Mirage M1 1967...
Silicon mold was made and shell cast.

The chassis also got some deserved attention and now I am only looking for tires...

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:19 pm

some serious sanding and detailing to come and then over to the paint booth.

Thanx for following my story!

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:47 pm

The Ford Mirage is coming on slow and steady...

the windows and lights are next and then over to the paint bay.

Thank you for following my story!

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:54 pm

I have just had some parts arrive all the way from the UK today
so will make a start on my build
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:15 am

Clive, your builds are just plain awesome! What is the material that you used for the body; looks a little like fiberglass, or fiber-stiffened resin? With the wide-track rear, you should be in very good shape come race day!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:14 am

Nice work Clive..... keep going.
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:35 am

The Ford looks great. I am also interested in your mesh. Almost looks like adhesive drywall tape.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:01 am

Thanx Guys!
You are both correct... I use fiber glass matt for the fine, small areas and then this is the first time I am using the dry wall tape.
The tape is not that workable, but it is easier to cut and less of a mess.
But yes, my shells are fiber glass shells...real race cars.
Now I must only find the speed as well, hahaha!
All is done by hand with needle files, sculpting knives and sand paper.

Thank you for the kind comments!

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy 2017