[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy - Rules & Registration

Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy - Rules & Registration

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy - Rules & Registration

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:14 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:49 am

Ummmm.........not trying to promote one seller over another, but here's a body kit that I think is to scale. Not cheap, but GMC makes good products; same is true for their Ford J-car:

http://www.electricdreams.com/Shop/gmc0 ... 11782.html

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:19 am

I saw that earlier, but it is the coupe and I really wanted the roadster version.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ckouba » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:00 pm

ckouba

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Here you go, Dan:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strombecker-1-3 ... SwyQtVjer7

The RS-60, RS-61 and 718 RSK spyder all looked, pretty much, the same; being derivatives of the 60.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:36 pm

:D I saw that one too, but it looked a little fat to me. Maybe not as bad as the Eldon though. Has anyone put the calipers to this to judge it for scale? The Strombecker GT 40 is slightly smaller then 1/32 but the relationship to length and width is good. The Stombecker and Eldon RS60 look like they are too wide. It would be nice to know what the dimensions are.

At the end of the day, I guess you have to go with what is available. Unlike our esteemed forum member, I am unable to carve something out of a block of wood. This maybe the reason we haven't seen one entered yet.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:26 pm

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:30 pm

One would naturally assume that I should jump on the 718 RSK build. massive Porsche enthusiast to the core, Dad took the photo of chassis Nr.13 in action and I have the body! WTH!?! I'm willing to let another Porsche enthusiast have the glory on this entry and pursue my 908/3 FLY tuning... I'll ship out the body I have and get some made.

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Thanks, Thompson. If we can get a 718 RSK in this series, then that would be great. More than one would be even better.................. :banana-dance:

BTW - that Retro Resins RS -60/61 looks really good!

When we line the cars up for the photoshoot at the first race concourse, I'd like to have at least one of each kind of Porsche and Ford. We've got the Fords covered. One Porsche to go..........a really nice one; the RennSport racers need representation!!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:13 pm

Ok great. I wasn't sure if you were going through with the castings.

If I can get my hands on one, I will enter it instead of the 917 I have. Gives me a reason to build another chassis
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Better make this one a $50.00 gift card, Dan..................! :lol:

Great that you're headed in the RS direction. I'm sure Shotgundave will do a great casting job on this one. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:39 pm

I have a Strombecker RSK already set up with an MRRC chassis, but it has already been sent off for another round of the TLOR Proxy. Fun little cars though.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:43 am

We have 55 cars pre-registered at this point and if everyone shows up on the starting line, that will be quite a field to behold!

If you are interested in entering a car(s) in this series, then post your interest to this thread and starting today you will be put on a reserve list. If a spot becomes available (someone drops out, for some reason; someone decides to build one car instead of two, etc.), then you'll be added to the pre-registered list.

In order to make that practical for someone on the reserve list; giving them time to build and tune a car(s), I'm going to advance the payment due date to August 1, 2017. That will give a person who was on the reserve list, but is moved to the pre-registered list, 2 months to complete their car(s). Remember $20.00/car payable via PayPal to the email address in the first post of this thread.

If you have not chosen a car or a number, or both, then please do that as soon as possible, since it makes managing the race a lot easier on the race coordinator.

I'll open up a build thread soon, as I know that some of you will start working on your cars very shortly, which is always a good idea.......

See you all on the starting line for Ford vs Porsche Wars!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby urbanwarrior » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:46 pm

Ok....Ford GT40 MkII #3...decided to retire my Shelby Cobra Daytona coupe from last year.
Porsche 917k #05
Thanks,
John
urbanwarrior
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:19 pm

Sorry, John #3 is taken; same for #5. Have a look at the first post, first page of this thread; it gives all of the numbers that are already pre-registered. Any number not listed is fine.

Numbers like "05" don't work in my race management system; it sees them at "5" and that causes a duplicate number in the system. #50 is available, though..................

I Iiked that Shelby Daytona of yours; challenging to make a narrow track GT perform as well as the prototypes though.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy 2017