[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy - Rules & Registration

Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy - Rules & Registration

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy - Rules & Registration

Postby alexis in greece » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:26 pm

I saw the list but i missed #33 so it will be Porsche 917 #28 and Ford tbd #69
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ckouba » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Got room for one more to play? I'd like to join, with one or two cars if there's space, don't car about numbers and will be at least one GT40.
ckouba

Postby Audi1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Now there's a screen name I haven't seen in awhile. Welcome ckouba!

I'll put you down for a GT-40 and one other. Please make your number choices as soon as you can; thanks.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:38 pm

If there is room, I'd like to try may hand at this one... #13 if it's available...

Ron...
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OrakeiRacer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Hi Allan
Seems like I missed the rush.
If room - put me down for a P68 #133 and a Porsche 917 TBD.
Thanks
OrakeiRacer

Postby Audi1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:28 am

Ron, good to have you entered in this series. #13 is always available...........for some reason............!

I actually ran a #13 in the last CanAm series and it did pretty well; so perhaps the old nemesis #13 doesn't apply to 1/32 scale slot car racing:

Mike (orakei racer), good to have you back in the field. If I recall correctly, there is a black P68 sitting on your bench somewhere that was a good racer in the Ford-Ferrari Wars proxy, so we'll be looking for good things again from the #133! :handgestures-thumbup:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:44 am

Hi All,

It will have been open for a week at that time and I think that's enough time for everyone to see the proxy notice and to sign-up if they're interested. So, if you are interested, be sure and sign-up today or tomorrow. Interest has been high and we currently have over 50 cars registered.

If you are interested and you decide to sign-up after Saturday, then you'll be put on a reserve list and if any of the pre-registered cars drop out, then you'll be moved from the reserve list to the pre-registered list. I will keep all lists updated so that you know where you are, in terms of registration.

I'm sorry for having to use a pre-registration cut-off date, but 50 plus cars will be a lot to handle at each of the hosting tracks and that is the reason that we need a cut-off for this series.

I'm starting to think that just maybe, Porsche will edge Ford on this series.......................... ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:20 am

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:34 pm

Thought I'd give you all a tally on the cars that are both pre-registered and designated. Here they are:

Fords

GT-40 - 10
Mirage - 1
P68 - 2
Cobra - 1
J-car - 1

Porsches

917 - 10
908 - 4
907 - 1
906 - 3
904 - 1
718 - 0

So, as expected, it looks like the big show is going to be between the GT-40's and the 917's.

Still 17 cars in the TBD stage, so the numbers could change some as they designate their cars.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hillbilly » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:11 pm

if there is still room Ford TBD #17 and Porsche 917 #18 hillbilly
hillbilly

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:47 pm

While I'm happy for the uniqueness of cars, yes the 917 v GT 40 will be great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:45 pm

I wonder if the Ford Mk4 can truly be called a "GT40"? It was based on a completely new chassis design and carried a different serial numbering.

Not a big deal, but it would be nice to see that broken out, like it would be to see the different 917 variants individually identified too.

Or is this just my late-night OCD kicking in? :D

(Actually, I have CDO - it is like OCD, except the letters are in the right order......)

I'll go now...
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:34 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:38 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!