Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy - Rules & Registration

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy - Rules & Registration

Postby FC47 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:21 am

I've been giving the decals a chance to show since you were away Allan, going to have to resort to paint, otherwise the buggar is ready. Itll be there soon. The slotit 22k lost its wrapper during its run-in but I put it back on, made little forms like the magnets and filled em with solder and glued them in place in the pod. Putting finish on the front tires I got some on one of the rears,...cleaned it off....gotta get this thing away from me!

Paul
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:27 am

Allan:

I have my 'secret' weapon shipped along with another entry for a buddy who has registered.. Should be arriving to your location in about 1 week.

Tom
midagekid1
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:18 pm

Paul, if they're coming from Australia, then send Bruce an email message to see where they are and when they'll ship. He only ships on Thursdays of each week, so it's worth checking with him. October 1st is the target deadline, but there will still likely be cars in the mail as of that date.........voice of experience here - haha! I think it's much more important that everyone who wants to race gets a chance to race, so keep that in mind. See where you decals are now and then make your choice about decals or paint.

Tom, OK, I'll be looking for the next week.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Oh I know man, last time I got bodies from him it was only just over two weeks, for the decals-this week makes six weeks. I'll give til friday, got the paints ready if i have to.
Ill get her to you by end of next week.
Thanks
Paul
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OrakeiRacer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi Allan
Hope to have my cars on Fast post at latest by Tues 26th - should take 3 working days to get to you. Have struck a snag with my 907K project, too many issues to sort, so it's been consigned to the bottom draw. Fortunately I had a backup car in the pipeline, a Fly 917/10 - the Bosch Can Am car. It's already numbered #2 but I can add some extra numbers to make it unique - question - I note #24 was reserved but not assigned to a car yet - is it free as it would be easy for me to add a 4 on the car, if it's not free then I'll go for #211.

Thanks
Mike
OrakeiRacer

Postby Audi1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:11 am

Hi Mike, yes, #24 is free to use. Looking forward to seeing your cars.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OrakeiRacer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi Allan
Settled on #211 as had some spare number 1 stick on decals from Bruce Patto. Now just have to dial out a tilting issue tonight and its in the post. Looking at what has turned up, it's going to be a great series, and seeing DRW21's GT40 in testing .... :o .
OrakeiRacer

Postby Audi1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:49 pm

OK, changes made to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:28 am

The 113 Ford Mirage should be arriving today, UPS Tracking number USPS EL887636789US
Untested, untried!

Car chassis, wheels, axles, guide and body have been together for weeks. I put it aside and when I went to add gears to test, I could find nothing to fit the Avant chassis pod! I finally had to modified the pod and go with some mismatched used gears, the smallest I could find!

Noisy, but it fits!

Good luck to all!

Don M
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:38 pm

29 cars received so far; 35 total expected (counting those that are in shipment now). Should be a fun series!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy 2017