[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/24 sprint car

1/24 sprint car

Share your build process step by step
Forum rules
Open to ALL SCALES!

1. Pictures of your starting materials. Choice of body, Chassis type and material (brass, plastic etc.)
2. Pictures of the tools you will be using, and any alternative ways to do the same thing. for example, tubing bender versus bent around a screwdriver handle. etc.
3. List where parts come from, or where they can be purchased from, or if they are homemade.
4. As many pictures of the build during the whole process as you can.

1/24 sprint car

Postby CrockettNZ » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:00 pm

one of my club mates picked up a box of sprint car model parts of of ebay awhile back
he was planning on building up a sprint car slot car
I had those same thoughts in the back of my head for awhile myself so was very interested
he has now lent me the box of bits to see what I can come up with

well after sorting out what was what and what goes where I found myself with the wire and solder out up before I knew it
I was under way

this is where I am up to after a week of playing around each night

it will be the wingless version as shown below but of my own livery

will update as progress happens
I do need to sort some wheels and tires so I can get my front/rear axles plus guide mount set up
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/24 sprint car

Postby btaylor » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:19 pm

I like this! keep the pics coming.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby RazorJon » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:52 pm

That's a fine job, glad you gave it a go
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby CrockettNZ » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:30 am

ok I have got the chassis to this point and now only need to set up the guide mount
this chassis has got away on me and has been a lot of work time wise
but I have to say it has been a very good learning curve

then it is time to get it painted and then onto fitting a motor,driver and body work etc
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Sun May 07, 2017 3:27 am

I have now got this car finished
it was a massive amount of work and I am fairly happy with it

CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RBPhillips » Sun May 07, 2017 6:57 am

You should be pleased with your work - absolutely unreal!
RBPhillips

Postby btaylor » Sun May 07, 2017 7:56 am

Fantastic! That is one sweet build.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby GASSERMAN » Sun May 07, 2017 1:32 pm

You did a beautiful job. Keep them coming. Bob..................
GASSERMAN
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun May 07, 2017 2:54 pm

Outstanding detail. Well done. :auto-checkeredflag:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby CrockettNZ » Sun May 07, 2017 3:46 pm

thanks guy's
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:16 pm

Spectacular!!! What an awesome brass job plus the whole car build up!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Sun May 07, 2017 8:53 pm

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Mon May 08, 2017 4:08 am

CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW All Scales Build-OFF!