[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Country Girl Funny Car

Country Girl Funny Car

Share your build process step by step
Forum rules
Open to ALL SCALES!

1. Pictures of your starting materials. Choice of body, Chassis type and material (brass, plastic etc.)
2. Pictures of the tools you will be using, and any alternative ways to do the same thing. for example, tubing bender versus bent around a screwdriver handle. etc.
3. List where parts come from, or where they can be purchased from, or if they are homemade.
4. As many pictures of the build during the whole process as you can.

Re: Country Girl Funny Car

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:03 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:21 am

Ha! Almost forgot to tell you this "funny" (read annoying!) story...

When I had painted the chassis, I also painted the roll cage. When they dried, I brought them over to the work bench. Now, I recall specifically thinking to myself..."I don't need the roll cage yet, so I'll just set it aside 'over here' "...

You know where this is going right?

A couple days later, I went to get the roll cage, and I couldn't remember where "over here" was.... :doh:

For over a week, I couldn't find it. Talk about being a little frustrated with oneself. Fortunately, I was able to continue the build, and my thinking was I'll come across it along the way (at least I hoped so).

Couple days ago, I had put some white paint on the body, so while waiting for it to dry, I worked on another car. I was working on a wheel assembly, and dropped the insert. Well, you know how round things go when you drop them, and how they stay right were it dropped, right? WRONG!!! I swear these things have a mind of their own when they hit the floor, and will roll incredible distances. Even further than if you threw them!!! :o
So yeah, that meant me crawling around on the floor looking for a stupid wheel insert. And wouldn't you know it, I found the roll cage on the floor BEHIND the chair. Now I KNOW this wasn't where "over here" was, but I will tell you I was quite happy at this point :D I was even happy I dropped the damn wheel insert :D Oh, that insert, you won't believe it, but about 20 minutes later, I found it....in a box of parts!!! Yeah, it never made it to the floor, but landed in a box under the work bench.... :lol:

You may have noticed in the post above, that the roll cage is now glued to the chassis... :?

So it's true, all is well when it ends well (or something like that :lol: )
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby 4424ever » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:49 am

Sounds exactly like a normal 10 min at my work bench too
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:48 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:53 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:37 pm

That's a really cool build
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MoparGreg » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:39 pm

Looks great! Congrats on the win.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:53 pm

WOW...NH...your modifications and the whole build are awesome!!! Pretty close to an exact replica!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:55 pm

That is a beauty!!!!!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby CrockettNZ » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:59 pm

I reckon she is a real beauty
looks absolutely top notch to me and well done
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:35 am

Thanks for the compliments guys.. :D
Can't wait to send it down the track again! :auto-layrubber:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:25 am

That turned out AWESOME!!!
Very cool to have this build documented on HRW as you went through the mods!
Thanks for sharing! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:16 pm

Have no choice but to bring this back.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby FC47 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:02 pm

Good call. Great car and story-all too familiar...built a cage this evening.
;)
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:03 am

Nice modeling there, Dickie! Great job on the details; both chassis and body. How does it run?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW All Scales Build-OFF!