[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Another Karmon Ghia, a year in the making

Another Karmon Ghia, a year in the making

Share your build process step by step
Forum rules
Open to ALL SCALES!

1. Pictures of your starting materials. Choice of body, Chassis type and material (brass, plastic etc.)
2. Pictures of the tools you will be using, and any alternative ways to do the same thing. for example, tubing bender versus bent around a screwdriver handle. etc.
3. List where parts come from, or where they can be purchased from, or if they are homemade.
4. As many pictures of the build during the whole process as you can.

Another Karmon Ghia, a year in the making

Postby ccobra » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:46 pm

Finally made some progress on this little unit. I ended up getting a new software program, Nettfab, and finally got it to print out somewhat.
Got the front and rear bumper to print but the sides still had a gap so, for Christmas I received a 3d pen so I thought I would give that a try. Only to find out that I really need to work on those new skills.
Which gave me an idea to try out the XTC-3D epoxy. I should have put the XTC-3D on earlier so that the side mirrors wouldn't have fallen off.
Well, it was OK but not what I expected. Guess I need more practice here also to improve those skills. But then after about two weeks of sanding and a couple coats of primer it seemed OK.
So after about a week more of sanding I painted it with Rustoleum marron so it wouldn't rust, and stuffed it with clay.
Which means I get to do some more body work since it looks like I was too cheap in using enough resin.
So maybe I can get an update in a couple of weeks since the 1:1 job has me traveling to a Gold Mine in South America for a week. With some luck maybe they will give me some operating funds for my little project. I'll post some more pictures later of all the tools that i've used on this project.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Another Karmon Ghia, a year in the making

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:47 pm

This place is going Karmann-Ghia crazy! All this 3D stuff is really interesting.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Looks like you're doing well! You don't work for Newmont - do you? Neighbor of mine does and travels the world too.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ccobra » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:48 pm

ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Another Karmon Ghia, a year in the making a 3d print

Postby ccobra » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Now comes the rough part, I finished modeling up the chassis and printed it out.
After a little cleaning it looks like a fit.
Now its off to the airport for the business trip.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW All Scales Build-OFF!