[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Re-framed Porsche 904 GTS

Re-framed Porsche 904 GTS

Share your build process step by step
Forum rules
Open to ALL SCALES!

1. Pictures of your starting materials. Choice of body, Chassis type and material (brass, plastic etc.)
2. Pictures of the tools you will be using, and any alternative ways to do the same thing. for example, tubing bender versus bent around a screwdriver handle. etc.
3. List where parts come from, or where they can be purchased from, or if they are homemade.
4. As many pictures of the build during the whole process as you can.

Re: Re-framed Porsche 904 GTS

Postby gascarnut » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:02 am

Last edited by gascarnut on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:29 am

Dennis,
Thank you!! This has been awsome, thanx a lot.

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:57 am

Thank you Dennis for the build, and thank you for showing your handy work. I learned a ton about slot cars in general just from our Emails on this build. I must say, the 904 is one of the toughest car in the slot car world to get right due to how narrow it is. Looks like you nailed it and I can't wait to run it next to my other Porsche cars.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:59 am

Dennis

I have always maintained that there is always pleasure to be had watching somebody do something that they do well, even if the specific activity isn't neccessarily of specific interest to you. Now if you can follow a true artist doing something that IS of great interest, it ends up being a total treat. This thread falls into that category for me.

A true masterpiece from a true artist: I salute you.

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:13 am

What he said. Late to chime in, but this is just the kind of informative and enjoyable thread I like to see.

Simply outstanding.

If possible, I will create a link and title for this post.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Radarek » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:45 am

That is a thread worth saving.
Awesome. Thanks a lot
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:09 pm

Best post I've read in a long time.

Rob
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Dennis,
I like the idea and logic of a bit of slack in the guide but I guess I must be missing it - where is it shown in the photos?

Mark

PS. Nice work!
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Mark,

The guide flexes left to right in the same manner as your Jag's frame. The amount of movement is just a little less than on your car.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:02 pm

I received some emails from Tony:

"Car made it before I left for the airport so like a kid, I ran down stairs and ran a few laps. Turned 4,38 which is a 2/10 off of my self tuned Thunderslot Lola and my 917 proxy car that placed 3rd I believe at your track in the HRW Can Am. It's heavy and still fast. Thank you!!!"

Then when he got back from his weekend of karting with his son, this:

"I'm back in town and stayed up too late driving this car around. It's by far my best car and yep it got better with a little oil, and no tire cleaning. It's my absolute best car around my track."

Another happy customer, always a good thing!
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Good to see a Porsche that looks and goes so well. I know very little about brass chassis but that looks real nice.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:56 am

That's one nice looking 904, and one of the best tutorials I've ever seen thanks! You need to travel more...........!!

I have the MRRC version of the same car........just a scoch narrower, same length, much lighter body. Is the 904 considered a Prototype or a GT?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:13 am

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW All Scales Build-OFF!