QUestion

Share your build process step by step
Forum rules
Open to ALL SCALES!

1. Pictures of your starting materials. Choice of body, Chassis type and material (brass, plastic etc.)
2. Pictures of the tools you will be using, and any alternative ways to do the same thing. for example, tubing bender versus bent around a screwdriver handle. etc.
3. List where parts come from, or where they can be purchased from, or if they are homemade.
4. As many pictures of the build during the whole process as you can.

QUestion

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Is this supposed to be a scratchbuild thing or are kit builds welcome too? There is the perception this is a scratchbuilding contest, and I am not sure if that is true.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: QUestion

Postby btaylor » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:46 am

Dan, If the build will help anyone just starting in this hobby, then I would say go for it. Even the kit builds have there little obstacles that need to be addressed. My build uses over the counter parts and model kit, because I wanted a build that anyone could duplicate if they wanted.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:17 am

Thanks Bob.

Lloyd has a thread up on a 143 Porsche 911 and it uses a 3D printed chassis, and I felt it would fit in the build off thread, and you have confirmed it would. I will let him know

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Yep, you got me, I will put something together on the 1/43 Porsche 911 build, thanks for the invite.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW All Scales Build-OFF!