[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Forum - Build OFF! '18

New Forum - Build OFF! '18

Share your build process step by step
Forum rules
Open to ALL SCALES!

1. Pictures of your starting materials. Choice of body, Chassis type and material (brass, plastic etc.)
2. Pictures of the tools you will be using, and any alternative ways to do the same thing. for example, tubing bender versus bent around a screwdriver handle. etc.
3. List where parts come from, or where they can be purchased from, or if they are homemade.
4. As many pictures of the build during the whole process as you can.

New Forum - Build OFF! '18

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:08 am

Here is the new forum for the build off.

Create your new topic for your build.

Then just add your images and updates at your leisure as usual.

Please try and keep comments on topic/subject.

Ok, who will be first?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: New Forum - Build OFF! '17

Postby btaylor » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:27 am

I will Gladly go first! And thank you for setting this up, I know you have plenty to do!
I will be building a 1/18 scale Monogram midget racer for my new series here at Crossroads Speedway.We will be bringing back the Middle Georgia Table top racing Association, in a larger scale!
It will be part model kit, Brass chassis, and numerous homemade and modified parts that anyone could duplicate.
Pictures and text VERY soon!
Thanks again Harry

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby gascarnut » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:35 pm

I will start my project soon too. I have a commission from a member here to build a build a brass and wire frame to fit under a Carrera Porsche 904, so that should be of interest to lots of folks.

I presume we start a new thread in this forum for each build?
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:04 pm

Yes, start a new thread/topic for your build.

IF anyone needs a reliable photo hosting service, pm me. There is a top secret squirrel level site that caters to slot car addicts ONLY.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:22 pm

I looked through my stockpile of stuff and the first thing I will be building is a 132 Porsche 911 RSR. Shell is a ARII plastic kit that I am going to use as a master and then pop some shells( RSR are one of my Favorite cars so I will need more shells)

For sure I will do a 143 car after that. Just not sure what yet.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:50 am

Harry, I can`t find this option "Create your new topic for your build." DOH nevermind :violence-smack:
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Racie35 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:23 pm

Does this end at the end of the year? Can I do two?
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:42 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby gascarnut » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:40 pm

Whatever happened to this? Seems that the challenge was never completed as advertised.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:30 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Broman62 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:30 pm

Please just make sure you put that “Black Widow” build somewhere where we can find it...thanks!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CARacing » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:08 am

Hi All,

if this is still going, CARacing would like to build and show also, please.

Thanx
Clive
CARacing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:56 am

Well there is no more contest, I updated the forum and rules to reflect that.

But by all means build :)

Read the forum rules and we will follow along with your step by step.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:17 am

Sorry i dropped the ball on this one. As Harry said, life stuff got in my way. I hope everyone keeps building and showing their cars. It was and is a great way to help newcomers learn the tricks of our hobby. We dont need a contest teally, as we all win on this one.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby CARacing » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:08 am

Hallo to ALL,

I would like to start a "thing"....
If you know of a car make and model which was NEVER produced/made by any slot car company, ever and you would feel this it is deserving of racing on a track.....then put the blue prints and pics here, in order for me to attempt making the said car. I would be interested in sports cars, racing cars and not the local 1200cc day-to-day cars. Super cars and it must be an actual 1:1 car that was produced by a motor company...an actual car.

I am sure someone out there thought...why did Ninco not make this slot car?
Let's try to make it.

I hope there is interest in this.

Cheers
CARacing

Next

Return to HRW All Scales Build-OFF!