[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Forum - Build OFF! '18

New Forum - Build OFF! '18

Share your build process step by step
Forum rules
Open to ALL SCALES!

1. Pictures of your starting materials. Choice of body, Chassis type and material (brass, plastic etc.)
2. Pictures of the tools you will be using, and any alternative ways to do the same thing. for example, tubing bender versus bent around a screwdriver handle. etc.
3. List where parts come from, or where they can be purchased from, or if they are homemade.
4. As many pictures of the build during the whole process as you can.

Re: New Forum - Build OFF! '18

Postby CARacing » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:17 pm

Right...I think I've got it now!

I'm working on a tablet and right click is still missing for me, but here's how I got the link into the text body: click on the 3 x dots next to the image, share, copy to clipboard, past in body of text. Now the link appears in the body and you guys will have to click on the link to open pic in my google drive. Bit of a long way around, but I can show you pics now...enjoy

Cheers
CARacing

Postby CARacing » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 pm

CARacing

Postby CARacing » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:49 pm

CARacing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:57 am

I edited your post.

Seems you cannot copy the image URL for direct image placement. Only links to your album.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby CARacing » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:02 am

Thanx for your help, Harry!! Then I'll be posting links to all my pics, sorry for the viewers who have to open a new screen every time.
I think I'll try to insert a link to the full Shadow file with all the pics as I go along.

Sure that will work.

Cheers
CARacing

Postby CARacing » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:04 am

CARacing

Postby CARacing » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi All,

Some progress was made on the newly developed Shadow DN4...
Link to pics: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... J3fJKzsBPV

Thanx for following this build.
CARacing

Postby slothead » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Clive - wow, great progress! I had no idea you were so talented and into this project.

As a Shadow fan determined to get one or more of these cars into my Can-Am series, I'm paying very close attention. If you can share some vital statistics such as wheelbase, front & rear track, I can begin to fantasize about what chassis would fit underneath it. I have a Slot.It Ferrari 312 PB that is about to be sidelined for being too fast (chassis lowered by previous owner) that might get de-tuned and reborn as a Shadow.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby CARacing » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:09 pm

Hi All,

Another bit of progress was made during the weeked...

Wing, fine detail end chassis were among the additions.
WB: 68mm
FT: 52mm (outside wheels)
RT: 55mm (outside wheels)

The wing was made from PVC sheet. Now on to the detail on the body and than the paint bay....

[email]https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1avdObY5v08F-oJFgItVLAqJ3fJKzsBPV[/email]
above is the link to my G-Drive with all the pics as we go along.

Thanx for following my build.
CARacing

Postby CARacing » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:10 pm

CARacing

Postby slothead » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:33 pm

I'm very impressed. I really like how thin and light that body looks now. In glossy black paint and with the UOP decals it will be a stunner.

What are you doing for a chassis - use one from another car, scratch build, cast one, or print one?

I have Can-Am cars from Slot.It, Carrera, Fly, and Monogram and they all run well. With PG tires the Monogram McLaren and Lola T70 run very well and with a new body that doesn't require surgery to get it at the right height off the chassis, those could be good kitbashing options.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby CARacing » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:58 pm

CARacing

Postby CARacing » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:01 pm

CARacing

Postby FC47 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Nice job taking on that beast Clive!