[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Trans-Am Series Race #9 - Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

Trans-Am Series Race #9 - Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy Information

Re: Trans-Am Series Race #9 - Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:47 am

I watched in as well. Great video feed. Would like to hear comments on the BARC 20 car with respect to the deslots. Is this a case of just needing a deeper competition type guide. I think I may have just used the Scalextric guide, and in a couple of instances it just seemed to go straight through. It had enough speed, and in a couple of heats was really in the action, until the dreaded straight off the end. It appears as if I need to spend some more attention and time to the guide set up as that appears to be my downfall. Regardless, fun action and being able to watch your car perform is perhaps the best feedback I guy can ask for. At least I know where I need to focus on the next ones.

So Great Job and a big thank you for taking the time to broadcast this event. It was interesting to see all the other cars perform as well. A couple you can spot the difference, but on the majority it comes down to the clock determining the better performers.

There were some great drives demonstrated as well, with some good side by side action for extended periods of times.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:43 pm

Watched the video great job. Now was I seeing what I was seeing. The #89 Stock SCX lapping cars? Well it is sitting midpack in the field. Thanks again to all who made this possible. Can't wait to see the results.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:23 pm

Here are the final results:

Overall results.PNG

Thanks to all who entered for allowing us to destr...err, play with your cars! They were tons of fun .

The actual Excel file is here: Round 9 results.xlsx

A couple of notes:

1. With all the duplicate numbers, I added a postfix letter to them to identify them, so check the list to see which one is yours.
2. Don's Green Capri had #13 on the sides and #31 on the hood and the trunk, so I used the #31.
3. If you were watching the video feed, you will have noticed I interchanged Cars 87 and 89, but the results as you see them have been corrected.

I will come back soon with some general comments on the cars.

Injury report:

There were very few problems:

* The #3 camaro lost its spoiler, I have reattached that.
* The #5 Corvair lost the RH side headlamps, I reattached them.
* The #33 Imp had a gear mesh that looked like it was going to chew the gears so to avoid that I reset it.
* The #5 Corvair had a broken solder joint that I re-sweated
* The #13/31 Capri had a completely frozen guide, not turning at all. I oiled that and got it to move kind-of OK, but did not want to start doing any extra tuning on the car.
* One of the Pioneer Mustangs, I forget which, had a loose stock rear wheel, so I glued that back with a drop of superglue.
Last edited by gascarnut on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:02 pm

My general comments regarding the cars:

Mostly, the cars were good. We have seen many different proxies come and go here at PMCC and the level of parity among the cars at all levels in this field was great. there were lots of good dices between cars of equal performance.

In general, the tire preparation was fine, the few cars on rubber tires had an initial advantage when they were clean but lost it later in the heat as they picked up the urethane dust. I noticed quite a few different makes of urethanes, none seemed to have any significant advantage over another. There were a few cars where the tires did not fit the wheels too well, and were not glued on, which was apparent when running those cars, as they tended to fell like the tire was buckling under the wheel in the turns.

Guides on most cars could have been a lot deeper than they were for this track. Many cars lost a lot of time because of this. Most of the "straight-lining" you saw was directly the result of insufficient guide penetration. I know that some of the Canadian tracks have shallow slots, perhaps it's time to try to standardize a depth among the proxy hosts. My track will take a full-depth Slot.it wood guide or a Sloting Plus guide, or even the 8.3mm Scale Auto guide, and it makes a lot of difference. Braid setup and quality varied a lot. I know this was round 9, but some cars still had braid looking almost new whereas others looked like the braid had done a 24 hour enduro before being sent off to the Proxy.

One or two cars had really loud gears, but most were pretty good, despite using a lot of stock Scalex and Pioneer parts.

Some cars had major problems with turns in one direction. Some did not want to turn left, some would not go right. I'm not sure why, I have not looked at the cars in much detail. I did notice a few where the body movement on the chassis is not symmetrical left to right and that could be part of the problem. Some had a lot of tire chatter in one direction and not in the other, mostly due to inadequate rounding of the inside edges of the tires.

The top cars in both classes were really nice, well prepared and tuned, just a pleasure to drive. I found it interesting that only two Mustangs made it into the top 16 cars, mainly because they are giving away so much width to the Camaros and Challenger/Cudas.

There was a great variety of scratchbuilding techniques on show too, from Dan's gift card/Lego creations through Lez's acrylic sheets to full-on brass frames. It's great to see so many people willing to experiment with all these techniques. Lots of 3-D frames too, now.

I hope this helps a bit for the next time.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:28 pm

One final post:

The Twitch.tv video is posted as both a full length and three shorter segments for each of the three groups as we raced the cars. So your choice as to how you want to watch them:

https://go.twitch.tv/samsonclassics/videos/all
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Dennis, thanks to you and your team for a great run, video, consistent driving and marshaling. Congratulations to: Raderek, Cgyracer Redlyner for their podiums in the big boy class
Congratulations to: Heli_ca, Audi 1 and Changing Gearz in U2
Also thanks for the drive train repair on the #33
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:47 pm

Dennis,
Thanks for hosting. Great coverage of this event. My cars finished pretty much has they have all season long. One surprise however is the SCX Cuda. It qualified 7th yet finished 24th. That is a big drop. My other cars finished the same as or within 2 positions. Any insight you could give would be welcome. Since the number of cars one can enter next year will be limited I was just curious. I know if this car is used next year it will have a more powerful motor.

Congratulations to the top 10 finishers.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Thank you to Dennis and crew for running this lap of the race for us. Remarkable job guys. :clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats to the podium finishers. :clap: :clap: :clap: . What I find so remarkable about this leg of the proxy is that there is less than 5 laps difference between 1st and 24th and just over 12 laps total between 1st and last. That is some tight racing. Once again congrats to all.

Cheers
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Randy,
Thanks for pointing that out. I guess 24th and 5 laps down isn't that bad after all. Shooting for the top 5 next season.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:36 pm

Arrold why only top 10.... congrats to all, special to cgyracer and redlynr for podium. Last one to go.
Dennis and his crew thanks again for your hospitality, great comments and reporting. Rob ... you almost got me haha :banana-dance:
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:31 pm

[/quote]Randy if you look only for O2 class there is 9 laps separation only that is tight, close racing at its best[/quote]

9 laps WOW!!!

Arrold, All you cars are doing well. Think where your Challenger would be "if" the dang thing hadn't of broken in the 1st round and dumped you for 16 laps IIRC. 8-)

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:06 pm

arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:11 pm

in the O2 class congrats to Radarek for the win and Redlynr for his third place as well to everybody else in this round that is pleased with their result. Dariusz haha yes I almost got you 0.15 laps behind, maybe next time but I don't know! Last week I was second behind you in the Touring Proxy round.....this is becoming a habit, not sure how long I can hang in there! One note, in the O2 class Yellow Dog tires on three of the top five cars (first, second & fourth) seem to have ran well on Dennis's track. I was expecting the rubber tires to outperform here but as Dennis said perhaps the urethane dust affected the rubber tires.

U2 class congrats to Heli for the win and to Audi1 & Changing-Gearz for the podium and to the rest of the U2 participants. Well done!

Thanks Dennis to you and your group for running a great round, very well done as usual. One of the best Proxy hosts out there! :text-bravo:

Rob
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:21 pm

Just looking through the standings. With such a close round it appears that there won't be a whole lot of change in overall positions.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy