[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Round 6 Edmonton by Getcars

Round 6 Edmonton by Getcars

2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy Information

Re: Round 6 Edmonton by Getcars

Postby Radarek » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Thanks CGY

Bob all is good o this end. :banana-dance:
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eightwheels » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Thanks Chappy for the fix on the rear hub. Larry :text-thankyouyellow:
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:35 pm

Glad to hear the field made it there safely.

I'm going to be changing things for next year - at this time the shipping container. I'd planned to do it this year and ran out of time with the move to the new house. Some of the shipping containers...well, let's just say they are challenged. I like the version shown and I'd had something similar in mind. If I run the first and last rounds, that is easy to do.

Second - I'm going to sound somewhat nasty here - not my intention, but hear me out: if you enter a car in a proxy - it is for the full duration. If the car is physically beyond repair - that could go home for a fix (ie: the gear ate itself) but if the car is still able to run, it should finish. My reasoning is this: I run this event to be fun. Sure, there are cars that are the cream of the crop each year. However, this is an event to experience a car you've owned, modified, or painted and is running around the country on multiple tracks. A full racing season is just that. Removing a car due to you being disappointed in your placement is really a shame. If I do enact this rule next year, and you pull your car, I will not allow you to run the following year.

Third - I will require distinct numbers next year. I've fought this for several years since two folks might not want to have to repaint the same car, however the scoring has been difficult in some instances and I wish to make that easier on the hosts.

Fourth - I will also still push the fun/newbie factor. I do NOT and will NOT run a proxy that turns into a set of draconian laws. I know the two above might seem that way, but that is not the intent. The intent of any changes is to make this proxy a lasting effort that is fun for all. I don't desire to see it fraught with fighting and dwindling to 6 cars at the end.

Thoughts?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:38 pm

I'm in!! And will order clams for future shipping to make It easier
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:37 am

Hi All,
Thank you David, CARacing shares your feelings towards this.
Thank you for organising a FUN event every year. I would like to continue with this proxy next year.
No, the above thoughts are not unreasonable and will make the entire proxy better. Yes, we all would like to win every race, but that is not reasonable. I'm here for the fun and experience...bragging rights to say my car has traveled the world!!!

Thanx to YOU!

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 am

David

I didn't want to step on your toe about withdrawal of Leon's cars. Leon is my friend and we talk to each other on daily basis. Like I said yesterday I have check cars and Leon's cars are dead or dying. Yellow camaro motor is dead it produces smoke when power is on and alfa is on good way to behave same and I have seen those cars way before they were sent so I can see from beginning something is wrong with them. #64 camaro was dropping down from round to round to yesterday test when it couldn't even make lap around so if Leon's want them back that is a good reason to do it plus less weight to carry. Please advice if the cars can be left here or you want them continue traveling for now yellow camaro is not drivable anymore without changing motor.

Regards Dariusz
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:28 am

Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:36 am

I'm behind you David, in fact I think offering a repair service at the owners discretion may work too.
It's all in good fun and as we help each other out so their cars can compete at all tracks on the tour.
If you need assistance with 2018 TA proxy just give me a shout. Its a lot of work and I am more than willing to chip in to help out.
I recall that Christian when running the proxies included the cost of a clamshell in the entry fee which went back to the entrant at the end of the proxy, and they could use it for ensuing proxies.

Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:10 am

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:15 am

Brumos

I just had a chat with Leon and he is firm on his decision. I feel sad too I was hoping that at least alfa can continue but he said no..

Maybe I should try that on him :violence-smack:
Or :violence-stickwhack: or :twocents-mytwocents:
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:29 am

I'm not upset with anyone. The entrant always has the ability to fix their cars. We've sent them home for repairs before and will continue to do so. If Leon would like to replace a failing motor - that is always allowed.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:44 am

To each his own. My U2 Porsche 911 is running in next to
Last and will happily run until the end. Finishing the event is part of the fun to me. I may never get a podium but I will be satisfied to finish the big event. However if the cars are toast then what is the point. Attrition is part of racing. You first have to build a dependable car and then make it faster

My first ever proxy was the Targa and my car had a DNF. The guide holder snapped off and the car was pulled from competition.

If a car is toast and the motor hooped that is a ligitimate DNF. Pulling a car because it is not in the top 10 should be discouraged though
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:59 pm

David,
I am behind you. You sent my car home after the first race and look at it now. It is in the top ten at the last two events and was 11th in round 2. Now can it climb from 23rd to finish in the top ten? Maybe but it has a long way to go. My Camaro which finished in the top ten last year is sitting at 16th? What changed? Swapped the motor from stock. Did that do it? Oh more entries this year and possibly better built cars. The car is running better this year than last. But 10 cars cleaned my clock at The River where I had a 5th place finish last year. Yes you will hear me say get Team Martin to the front. Hopefully somewhere I can crack into the top five. I just try to take each proxy build a car and learn for next time. Cars are faster this year but so are ten or more other cars.

Still having fun. I brag my cars have seen more States and Countries than I ever will. If it's broke fix it and keep racing.
Now get Team Martin to the front in O2.

Are we having fun yet????

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:23 pm

So I had another chat with Leon.
Camaro is gone as it needs new motor and I haven't got usable replacement but alfa will be back to game. Leon is too busy with his flying season so slot racing for him is on hold now.

Ok. We have 45 cars in the game and the game is on. Thursday we will start 6.30 p.m. Edmonton time ..lol...
Don't know drivers yet as is still in the air who will drive Thursday and who Sunday. Heats will be 2.5 minutes long with total of 10 minutes. Race results will be posted same evening with Excel sheet with all the data. Link to the live stream with instructions will be posted here around 15 minutes before the race.
Also after the race you can enter that link anytime and see video too.
No call buttons will be used during the race. Only exception is if all the cars will crash on the first corner. Cars will start next heat in same place they finished previous one and partial lap will be recorded for last heat. That will be the easiest way to get over possible ties.
So guys best luck to all of you.

Regards
:banana-dance: Radarek
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:45 pm

Tiny Alice Racing has a strangle hold on that 44th position, and we always come to the party and have to finally be kicked out the front door so the host can get some sleep!

Real racers swap out motors and bang the dents out between events. If we are ever in that position, we got no problem coming up with round-trip postage, just the cost of racing... This is a great event and we are more than halfway through with next years car already! The only other thing I got to say is, David...can we please have our number 14 again for 2018??!!

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy