[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Round 1 - PDR Results!

Round 1 - PDR Results!

2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy Information

Re: Round 1 - PDR Results!

Postby Dogsbody » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:25 pm

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:37 pm

That's right. Motor needs to install first in order to get bushings correctly. I have never try but is on my list setup from sloting plus what they have is a pair of bushings spaced out with tube. That way they ol way aligned perfectly. Also nylon bushings with bras spherical inserts. ..
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 pm

If you look at the following comparison of times, a few things are evident on my track:

1) Jim and Mark are used to club racing - I'm not. Look at the times, the average, the mean and reaction times.
2) The cars are closer than you think when you see the times and the offs
3) I layoff in the first corner when guests are on my track as I know that's where the pileups start. That usually puts me behind when drivers better than me are on the track.
4) The far end is now obscured with trees. When running with 3 minute heats, just as I get used to the brakes or lack thereof on one car, we switch. Therefore a number of offs are on the farthest part of the track - at the end of the fast part of the track.
5) The PDR is not a forgiving track. If you off or lose traction, you end up behind in the squeezes and it is hard to catch up.
6) The PDR has two hairpins - inside and outside lanes. Both cars finished with their best times in the middle lane which is the easier of the three. I'll leave out the comments of why we put Mark there ;) Nah, he'd still beat me anywhere.
7) The driver's stations are all in different locations and have different vantage points.
8) Lastly - look at the last part of the sheet: I ran a 3 minute heat tonight with each car in the middle lane only. I actually thought I ran quicker with Dariusz car...it handled perfect and that was about all I could do as a driver. Dale's felt slightly more out of control, but I barely pulled of a slightly quicker time. Both cars ended on 21 laps.

So let's analyze: by myself, I know my track better. I raced the easiest lane, which frankly, I use more than the others. Ever. My best was slightly faster with radarek's car. I was almost half second faster with Aloha's. Having the track record and knowing that lane, that makes sense in my head.

The point is: this is one track and they are all different. Each driver is different. Having more marshals would help instead of making the drivers do most of it.

Comparison.xlsx
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Radarek » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks David

Your track is awesome, it is really challenging for drivers and cars. And like you said it is a first round so judging now is like pulling rabbit of the hat. For me all cars over 50 laps are very competitive and even those under 50 on other tracks may act differently. Race is just started and I have a filling that will continue to very last lap.. :banana-dance: :text-bravo:
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:17 am

[quote="Aloha I am sure others have some tricks as well!!!! Audi1???
Dale[/quote]

Well, thanks Dale, but with my cars sitting in 11th (0 class) and 4th (U class) after the first race, I'm not sure that what I have done would be considered "tricks" at this point................maybe airbrakes......... ;)

I still have to watch the video.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby redlynr » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:19 am

The #9 Camaro is a recycled car from CanAm proxies years ago... Scalextric 69 Camaro on HRS chassis. I usually have it setup sidewinder, but kind of forgot about the pioneer motor when setting this car up, having gotten mentally set on an inline fk180 (ninco NC14), geared high. I don't remember what offset the pod is. I am on rubber tires.

The stock Scaley chassis can be fast, as seen in the results, and all the tricks have been outlined... Radarek actually went further than I would have setting up the stock chassis.
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:46 pm

Thanx David, your comments are fair and good. You guys did a fantastic job!!!
Can't wait for the next race...[CHEQUERED FLAG][CHEQUERED FLAG][CHEQUERED FLAG]

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby heli_ca » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:34 am

heli_ca

Postby dreinecke » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:01 am

Audi1 should have cars today!

Arrold - make sure you get that Mopar sent back in!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby arroldn » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:59 pm

The Challenger has arrived.
Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 11:35 am on February 23, 2017 in MERRIMAC, MA 01860.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Yes, Arrold, I have it. it ran in the quali today. Results later - maybe......

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to 2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy