[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Round 1 - PDR Results!

Round 1 - PDR Results!

2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy Information

Re: Round 1 - PDR Results!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:31 am

I had the feed going for one whole heat, but got pulled away and never got back to it again........

Congrats to the podium finishers in both classes, as well as the concourse winners and, of course, the #44 car!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:54 am

Great job guys, your cars will be hard to beat buy the looks. Got to take a close look at that mustang.

O2 Class Finishers and Overall Winners:
1st Place: Dariusz Pawlowski (radarek) 1970 Camaro
2nd Place: Rob Malesan (Cgyracer) 1970 Camaro
3rd Place: Corey Jett (cj74) 1970 Mustang

U2 Class Finishers and Overall Winners:
1st Place: Leon Luke (heli_ca) Alfa Romeo Giulia
2nd Place: Robert Boulais (Doubl-B) Alfa Romeo Giulia
3rd Place: Tony Palmer (Brumos RSR) 2002 BMW
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:41 am

Thank you David for the organization of this event and to the first round drivers. I didn't get a chance to actually view much of the race yet, so I was surprisingly shocked to see my Mustang performed that well.

The concourse winners look fantastic. Congrats!

Corey
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:37 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Radarek » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 pm

David
Thanks for pictures and video upload.

Like you said with 3d revolution now almost every car can be converted to winner but.... with little modification done to stock chassis in many cases especially when motor is limited to certain rpm this old one piece chassis can be useful too. I did try to build steal chassis for this proxy but stock one was really paying off.

List of modifications I did

Front axle holders replaced with scc ones

Flange removed from chassis/body posts so pockets were eliminated way better body float. Chassis had to be little trimmed.

Offset bushing to play with chassis hight and gear mesh.
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:24 pm

And plastic brackets glued in way that they hold motor and bushing holders .

Bnowa adapter for guide
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:28 pm

Thanks yet again David for routing out another one of our ailing cars (last year it was The Enigma). As I stated in my private email to you, as long as you feel the car won't inhibit anyone else's race, we are pleased to continue. We will however, give up our 44th position to any other car that wants it.

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Is it my computer? when i click on the picture, a different car comes up?
Lance
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:37 pm

Lance I have a same problem here different pictures
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Yes the thumbnails do not match the pictures I feel for David with a proxy this big. It is very overwhelming keeping up with all the logistics

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Ha! That's what I get for reusing a former page. Good googly moogly. I'll fix it. The thumbs are correct.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:15 pm

...and fixed. I had this setup a week ago and simply forgot to remove the old links to the larger pics.

Thanks for catching that.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby arroldn » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Radarek,
Congratulations on your first win for the series. I also want to thank you for sharing your modifications. I never thought about taking advantages of modifying the stock chassis. My thinking was stock is stock. Rules didn't state you could or couldn't so good interpretation of the rules on your part. I'll be back. My cars started our slow last year but crept up into the top ten by the end of the series. Hopefully they can do the same this year. Just a lot more cars to pass this year.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:07 am

Rules were pretty clear that scratchbuilt or modified stock were welcome.

I agree it is nice that Radarek is sharing his modifications to the board, and pulling back the veil on his race winning car. No rocket science there and the mods are within the ability of most of us.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:07 am

Thx.

Like Dan said those modifications can be done by all and without special tooling. My advice is to do one at the time and check always after one thing is done. That way you want loose tracking. ..
For me the biggest issue was front. Front axle was wobbling a lot so I had to replace holders it others. I could glue them inside the chassis but as I wanted them to be as wide posible I cut little bays ti install holders flat and square with bottom of chassis. What I learn from this step was glue digital pod first as when I cut spot for holder half of the front came loose... any way result is good as there is no friction and unwanted movement on front axle. It works perfectly now.

Other issues was to aligned rear bushings. I used 0.6mm bushing from sloting plus. As they are wider then plastic holders is important to align them perfectly. I used 2.38 mm slot it axle and positioned them as best I could that axle ws going smoothly then do quick test when you have axle sitting into bushings when chassis is on it side axle should slide out from bushings on it own... when all was ready I used ca glue to hold all in place ( make sure all is good as this is one way process ) for final set up I used 2.37 axle any way.
Plastic brace I have added to position motor Ias it is bit shorter then scaley and was loose when installed. Also it helped with making rear rigid.
Off set bushings really help with chassis hight and gear mesh. You can get them in sizes from 0.3mm to 1mm.
Unfortunately I didn't took picture of rear installation
:banana-dance:
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy