[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Round 1 - PDR Results!

Round 1 - PDR Results!

2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy Information

Round 1 - PDR Results!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:10 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: Round 1 - PDR Results!

Postby Radarek » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:25 pm

David

Big thanks for organizing this event.
Big thank you to drivers for they time and skills. That track looks amazing and for sure is one of more difficult to get cars flow. Squeezes don't help too. Lots of good cars and positive racing.

Z car fan datsun is really catching eye.
Great build along others.
Barc is that credit card still working?

Congrats to all podiumites. Rob's cars are always top notch. Special congrats to Leon my track buddy and Tom -midagekid for his very first round in his first proxy.

Regards Dariusz aka radarek :banana-dance:
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:31 pm

Thanks to all involved in running this round.
Congrats to the podium finishers in each class.

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:56 pm

Thanks to everybody involved in this round, hope my car looks better in the pics than the standings
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Thanks to the David and all who made this first round a success. Well all cars appear to be running faster here than they did last year. That is a good thing. But not in the top ten. Still mid pack. Let's see if they move up as the series progresses. 5 laps off the pace vs 8 laps in last years first race. Hats off to the podium finishers. :clap: I knew going in this wasn't going to be easy. Just hope the cars can move up into the top ten before the session ends.

Looking forward to driving impressions. David did I not glue the motor in the #77 Challlenger? If not thank you for whatever you do to help it get through the season. Steve Williams was looking to see that Cuda back this year to take all the marbles. See you switched to a Chevy, UM!!!!

The surprise is my #89 Cuda. Stock SCX with a 42B SCX motor. Pinion gear change only. I was tempted to go for the Pioneer but really was treating this as a test for this car in its first run in this series.

David R, was one lap behind you last year and one lap behind you this year. I would say I'm in good company. :D

Allan good run. Can I get around you this year? I hope so. :?:

4424ever David get that rat motor cranking. Why you switch from the Cuda Man!!!!! :doh:

Steve G redlynr in 4th Go Steve. :P Trying to get there Steve

There is a MOPAR in 13th way to go Randy. :) Scratch built chassis hope it works for you all season.

To all participants welcome and looking forward to seeing your car pictures. Good luck throughout the season.

Our podium finishers new to this proxy, Congratulations guys. You nailed it. :)
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:39 pm

Well, The Tiny Alice Racing car is upholding it's prefect record at PDR, holding down that coveted 44th position. I came in on the action a little late so I have yet to see both cars race. Now I did put put the Barracuda's motor in the front, but it sounds like it was actually going backwards. This was not my intent. In any case those that watched all or any part of this event, witnessed a great show. Thank you gentleman!

Val
Last edited by glasshorsevh on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:45 pm

Thanks for the great run and results! I'm very pleased with the results for the "pull it it of the box, dust if off, repaint it and put it in the mail" special!
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:20 pm

I can't tell you how honoured I am to have my car place in the concours judging in an event of this size. I know how tough it is judge these things at this level with so many nice cars showing up.

Performance on the track was not great, but in this cars case it truly is U2 displacement, so not being last is the best I could have hoped for. I hope it was easy to drive.

Dariusz

I think I used a blank Tim Hortons card, so no it cannot be used to buy a double double

A special shout out to the host and drivers for this event. 44 cars is a big event!

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:45 pm

To David and all his helpers/judges,
Thank you!!!
This is my first proxy and was stressful to say the least. All the cars in the photo are magnificent, well done to each and every builder, great job!
Now you guys can play as much as you want to with these toys....WHOOOHOOO!!!

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Old Gray Wolf » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:50 pm

Did not do as well as I hoped to, will just keep on racing. Learned a lot today, already researching guide blades.
Want to thank David and his crew for all they did today :text-thankyouyellow:
Congratulation to all that placed today
Old Gray Wolf

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Congrats to everybody involved today. What a way to spend an afternoon (watching it). Special thanks to David, Jim, Jim, and Mark for the super job they did on running this race today. I wish that I could have figured out how to get the vid into the friends vid box on fb so that I could have watched it on the big screen. :doh: Thanks for the kudos Arrold, I'm kind of surprised that heap of mine did as well as it did (there is a very good reason why it was not in the concours section :lol: )

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:33 pm

Nicely done Dariusz! A big first place in the first race with your rusty Camaro! Cool....Great job with your stock chassis.
Leon's Alfa looked so smooth and fast for his win as well. Congrats to the rest of the Podium for both classes and the Concours winners as well.

David and the gang thanks so much for putting this on today, well done! The cars all ran great on your beautiful track.

Shout out to Yebo (Lez) for his 7th and Dodgefarmer (Randy) for his 13th in this huge field, great job boys!

Rob
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:01 am

David, thanks for the video and for managing this series. Jim,Jim and Mark thank you for the run. The IMP 2.0 turned 4 laps more than last year and improved on its fastest lap by 4/10ths! it's faster and slower at the same time placing mid pack. Goes to show great builders, and fun competition to come. Congratulations to all the podium builders and good luck to all who are participating in the largest proxy I've ever seen.

Tony
Last edited by Brumos RSR on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby heli_ca » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:07 am

Hi David,

I noticed that my number 64 car would not get up to speed at some points of the race. Can you determine what was wrong?

Thank you,

Leon
heli_ca

Postby redlynr » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:35 am

Thanks for the run Gents!!!

That's a lot of cars... This is going to be fun.
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy