[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Trying a Proxy for the first time.

Trying a Proxy for the first time.

2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy Information

Trying a Proxy for the first time.

Postby Old Gray Wolf » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:51 pm

IMG_1954.JPGFound out about this proxy the week after Christmas, and thought I would like to give it a try. But did not want to sent one of my own Trans Am series cars that I race in my shop. So using some gift funds I brought a Mustang Boss 302. Got the car Jan 4 and sat down to think what I wanted to do to the car. Well what I wanted to do would mean that I would miss this year proxy. Did some work on the chassis and interior, change rear tires from a mustang out of the shop. And now Let see what Happens. :mrgreen:
Old Gray Wolf Racing
Old Gray Wolf

Re: Trying a Proxy for the first time.

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:57 pm

That will be a great car to enter with just some small work like you've done. (I bought 2 of those from ebay the other day).
You might be surprised how it runs, great platform.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:25 pm

Great looking car and it runs well...except for the tires. Check your email.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Maddog17jr » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Good looking car! Nice livery
Maddog17jr

Postby Old Gray Wolf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:44 pm

:oops: Want to thank David again for all the work he put in setting up, starting and running the proxy and first race. I know I learn a lot from watching the video and hearing what they had to say, not just about my car, but all the cars. Have started to research on all the ways, that I can have a better car for the next proxy. i know I can have a car that will do better that 37.
Old Gray Wolf

Postby Racie35 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Sharp looking Mustang
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Do they come with GTX markings? Isn't that one of Mopars signatures?
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:58 pm

I have two of those Mustangs, they are very nice.
The GTX in this reference is for Castrol GTX, one of Castrol's type of oil sold at the time. I think it's still on the shelves in some form.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Old Gray Wolf » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:28 am

Now that I have thought about it, the Castrol livery. After reading Road & Track as a teenager in the late 60's early 70's and seeing the adds for Castrol oil. I ran Castrol oil in my cars for years. So yes this is a good livery for my car. And about R&T, still remember Sam Posey writing about the 1970 Trans-Am in it. Guess this is why I had follow Trans-Am all these years.
Last week end was able to rewatch David's video from the first race. Could tell that the car had the speed it needed to run with the best of them, just too much understeer for the driver to handled. Have been having long talks with the Engineer, Shop Foreman, and Crew Chief, on how to make the car better. Got to put up with them,cannot fire them, as they are family. Will finish as a back marker and take what I learn and come back next year better. Already order parts to upgrade the car. :auto-layrubber:
Old Gray Wolf

Return to 2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy