[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Barc Trans Am U2 Entry

Barc Trans Am U2 Entry

2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy Information

Barc Trans Am U2 Entry

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:33 pm

I was wanting to cast an O2 body but ran out of time so I did up another Porsche with an inline chassis to complement the Sidewinder Porsche I will be sending in.

This is a Tim Hortons Gift card utilizing Lego for a motor mount and rear axle bearing blocks using bronze bushings. Brass weigths are attached through the card with miniature hardware. This utilizes the Minebea S can motor rated at 15K rpm. The Credit card chassis has many variations, and it is competing in Proxy races in different configurations. First one was in the Targa 2 where it failed, second one is in the Pan American Proxy, and now this Trans Am. This low profile motor makes for some interesting chassis dynamics with a low center of gravity, and it will be interesting to see how this combination does. This is the first Proxy where the Minebea motor has been used, other than Harry's Brass Am invitational.

This car is a ARII Porsche and I built a driver tray for the interior. Driver is a home cast, with the wheels and guide from Pioneer. Cars is equipped with PG urethane tires.

Car is painted in the standard BARC fantasy livery with sponsorship from BA.

Just noticed in the pictures I forgot to add the wipers. Once this is done It will be packed up and shipped to David, where it will compete along side it's sibling

Does anyone know when the Porsches started adding wings to their Trans Am entries? I was going to add a wing to the number 97 car, but wasn't sure it would be prototypical.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Barc Trans Am U2 Entry

Postby dreinecke » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:35 pm

Good looking car!

Not sure if any T/A's ran the rear spoiler - pretty sure that was a Carrera model thing in the early 1970's
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Austin » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Barc
Nice cars again.
Looking forward to see how it goes.
Remember you are invited to our track to help with host and every other time.
Regards Dariusz
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Great looking cars!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:28 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Nice !
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:11 am

I am happy to say this car placed 3rd in the concours judging

On the track it did not fair as well as the tiny Minebea motor just doesn't have the grunt of the larger more traditional motors. Topping out at 15 K seemed noticible to the fields 18 k maximum.

All things consider though the car finished 35 out of 44. Watching the video it seemed stable to drive and just needed a little more H.P. For the PDR Straight. So today it wasn't last and I am happy with that. I think my experimentation with this small can motor is coming to an end for 132 proxy racing. If it could have placed the car mid pack consistently, then OK ,but it just appears it is giving up too much to the other motors in the field. I am going to have to give the gift card chassis more power to try and get to the top 3rd.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:24 pm

Dan nice work on the Porches. Every time i see your gift card chassis it makes me wonder if i could do one.
Congrats on the Concours podium.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:09 pm

I guess I am on a mission with gift cards and Lego. I think I got something that is pretty stable, now I need to give it some power. Got a new wrinkle to add to this setup. It is constantly evolving with each proxy result, which is a lot of fun as you get to test ideas in competition.

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JT Previa » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Love the unusual materials and experimentation. I didn't get a chance to inspect your credit card car in the Carerra Panamericana race today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:18 pm

:text-bravo: The rims/wheels are real nice as well. :text-bravo:
:violin: You are giving up a lot in the motor department, but that's should be easy enough to fix. :auto-checkeredflag:
:text-bravo: Get cars, great work. well done. :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-driving:
:text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow:
bigman :flags-waveusa: BIG FAN
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:18 pm

:text-bravo: The rims/wheels are real nice as well. :text-bravo:
:violin: You are giving up a lot in the motor department, but that's should be easy enough to fix. :auto-checkeredflag:
:text-bravo: Get cars, great work. well done. :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-driving:
:text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow:
bigman :flags-waveusa: BIG FAN
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy