[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Official 2017 Trans-Am Series Proxy Questions!

Official 2017 Trans-Am Series Proxy Questions!

2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy Information

Re: Official 2017 Trans-Am Series Proxy Questions!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:07 pm

Same "18K" rpm motors for both O-Class and U-Class? Wouldn't it be more "to scale" if the Under 2.5 liter cars had slower motors; like "14K" rpm? There are a bunch of good motors in that lower rpm range.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:55 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:59 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:29 am

Hi Dave, Where do I pay the registration fee ($20)?
thanx
Clive

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:41 pm

Clive - check the official thread - all information is now posted!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:05 am

Thank you, David! Payment done.
My car info: 1970 Pontiac Firebird, resin body, scratch built chassis, nr 74.

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:15 am

I bought a Digital Tach so I could Check the RPM ouptut of the Minebea S class motors I am using. Since buying it I have checked on other motors I have laying around and what a difference there is in these things. I was going to build a second entry so I was scoping out motors. I pulled a non labelled motor out of an MRRC 275 chassis I had laying around. 28K!!!!. Big no on that one. Found a another one that is turning a little over 16 K so that is what I am going with.

So I guess my questions is, If I am using a motor that is not labeled, will my digital Tach reading with the RPM Rating painted on the can be OK. I literally have boxes full of motors I have acquired over the years, quite a few of them from old cars that were cannibalized for other projects, and none of them are labeled. So I bought this digital Tach to ensure the motors I am using comply with the rules, but none of them have a manufactures sticker on them, and I don't think Scaley or Carrera label theirs either. I think the motor I am going to use came out of an old Scaly Indy car. This RPM is determined with exactly 12 volts going to the motor, and this voltage is measured continuously at my power station that has a digital volt meter connected to the supply.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:28 am

Not speaking for the organizer, if you had a phone video with the labeled motor showing the RPM's I'd consider that fair documentation of the motors rating.
But that's me, as this is all for fun I think your safe.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:29 pm

I do have 1 of the early Pioneer 18K motors but is there anyplace that still sells it? I can't find it online. I even looked at the motor in my Bengal Charger and it has the P in the middle not on the side.

OK I found a source for the low torque 18K motor not cheap at $23.50 Just noticed the web address. This shop is in New Zeland.
https://www.slotcar.co.nz/pioneer-18k-r ... s?term=129

Anyone know of anyone in the states selling this motor?

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:02 pm

David

What is max margin we need to have our motors in.
I have pioneer glued in to chassis and there is no safe way to remove it now.
Will test it tomorrow.
Thanks radarek
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Gents - I'm not sure how I could state this any other way, but if the motor is labeled 18k, it is an 18k motor. YES, I know it could be turning 21k from the factory - however, if they say it is an 18k, we go with that - not the variances of what it turns due to factory tolerances, or the lack thereof.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Radarek » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Thanks David
Clear now at least for me lol....
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:17 pm

OK that clears it up. The newer versions are good to go.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Looking at the tire and wheel rules I was wondering if there was a typo?

Max wheel width is 8 mm.

Max tire width is 11 mm.

Is this correct?
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:30 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

PreviousNext

Return to 2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy