[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ROUND 7 CANALAMI - Results Updated!

ROUND 7 CANALAMI - Results Updated!

2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy Information

Re: ROUND 7 CANALAMI

Postby Radarek » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Lez and Rob and rest...

Guys sorry for delay with cars. Cars should be in Kelowna not later then Wednesday. To much family stuff on the plate plus overloaded with work leads to delays. Anyway cars are on the way after over 2 hours of packing them up and should be there soon.

I had a chance to do few laps on Lez track and is a heck of the track. You can be shire that your cars will be checked in every possible way. That track has everything from banks and tight corners through squeeze and elevation drops. That will be interesting to watch and knowing Lez a bit and Rob bit more that will be a first class round. All be best to you guys, have fun.

Regards
Radarek
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby yebo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:13 am

Thanks Radarek for the kind words, yes going to be interesting group of cars to drive on this track.
If we get the cars Wednesday we will qualify them Thursday/Friday and we have a full crew for Sunday to drive/marshal.
The guys here in Kelowna have all giving time out from their long weekend to spend the day driving/marshalling and I thank them because this round wouldn't happen without them.
We will let everyone know on Sundays race time
Lez
yebo

Postby Cgyracer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:48 am

The cars arrived yesterday and qualifying is planned for later this evening once I take the cars to Lez's track. We (myself, Lez and Dodgefarmer Randy) are pretty excited to qualify your cars to see how they run! I made sure the cars were all running well by placing them on my dynamo....PLUS since we have been curious regarding chassis and configurations so I created a spreadsheet with some of the outside visuals and weights I measured on my bench last night I hope is useful to some. The spreadsheet is listed according to the latest standings too by the way.

Rob

Last edited by Cgyracer on Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:25 am

Interesting stuff. My U2 911 has only half the rpm to the wheels as the others. No secret why it is not leading.

The Camaro though is right up there with the others.

I am RVing in Peachland,but heading into Kootneys for the weekend
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:39 am

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:10 am

Rob if you want to add the motor to your spread sheet My Cuda #89 has a RX42B the Camaro #6 has a Pioneer 18K. Good stuff.
Just check my car spec sheet. The Challenger with the H&R as geared should be turning more RPMs. Will have to check when it gets back. May need a motor change. The Camaro will definitely get a gear change. Kept it the same based on last years finish. My mistake. The Cuda UM gear or motor change not sure. It should be cranking more RPMs as well. In my notes the only car I have rear wheel RPMs for is the Camaro and it resembles your numbers at 5,659. About 600 RPMs off the pace. I had based my gearing decisions on my Scaley Oval. 20 laps under 1 min had been my guide. May need to push for even less.

Arrold
Last edited by arroldn on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eightwheels » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:30 am

Good post, thanks for that spreadsheet. It has good info on the setup and chassis used and motors used. :text-thankyouyellow:
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:37 am

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eightwheels » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:01 am

That body came from RMS new trans am edit. I also have the 67 dodge dart and finished the 64 Pontiac Tempest (not his ) to run in next years run .
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:20 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:45 am

And that is Rob in full picture. Always beyond his duties.... awesome job. Excellent idea to see some tech info. That will definitely help everyone to build a better car next year. Man .... that is addiction. Can't even think how much time you spend on this. :text-bravo: :text-bravo: :text-bravo:
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:18 pm

May I suggest this excellent data get posted with David's proxy results page. It is revelent for all of the races, and it makes it easy to see who you are racing against in your bracket

Agree on the well done.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:23 pm

Rob,

The spec chart posting is beyond wonderful!!! For some of us solo racers who may be fairly new to proxy racing, the information on construction, weight and weight distribution is so valuable I just can't stand it! Why is Tiny Alice so far back in the standings? Look at the numbers.. (oh, BTW that number 14 brick from TAR, with the motor in the front is a 1965 Barracuda).

Thank you ever so much for the invaluable information and have a great time running this leg of the series!! ... yup that's a lot of exclamation marks for one post, but I am legitimately excited!

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Rob, thank you for the info!! Have fun running with the gang and I look forward to the results. Good luck to all the builders.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:50 pm

I wouldn't have guessed I was one of the lighter weight cars in the O2 class. Having not raced with the Hawk mother before I debated heavily on how much weight it could handle. I opted for less and focused on tuning for stability without the way. Definitely learning some things about that approach and the variety of tracks we get to race on in this proxy. Great info!
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy