[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - McKee Mk10 Decals

McKee Mk10 Decals

All about RESIN CASTING! Share your work and tips to help others here.

McKee Mk10 Decals

Postby WB2 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:58 pm

Anyone know where I can find them?
Car number 25, blue with white stripe. Stripes and oval-shaped rondels outlined in red.
Checked Patto’s but couldn’t find anything there.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: McKee Mk10 Decals

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:09 pm

Ya got me, but I'll look around for you. My McKee is red with white rondels and black numbers. It was so long ago, I'm only assuming the livery is accurate.
Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby chappyman66 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 pm

There were multiple editions of the McKee and Strombecker did two. The early Mk6 was more like the McLaren M1B (often found in red) whereas the later Mk10 is the blue wedge with white on the lower edge.

Sometimes they show up on auction sites.....
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:26 am

Like you, I spent a lot of time hunting for the "right" decal sheet,......never found one.

I ended up doing the best I could with what was in the decal stash.........the roundels do not have the correct red outline, but, they were the best I could find.

Cheers
Chris Walker

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:59 am

Oh yes. I forgot about the wedge shaped Oldsmobile-engined car. Yours looks great to me, Chris.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby chrisguyw » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:46 pm

Well...............I did a bit of searching, and came up with the following........

There are a couple of options.........

1/ Vintage Racing miniatures produces a "Cheetah Coupe and Roadster" decal sheet that has everything you need for the McKee Mk10, including red key lined oval roundels. These are Cartograph decals and are very very high quality. (I got these after I built my Mk10, threw them in my decal box, and forgot about them.

2/ Pattos used the Vintage Racing Miniatures artwork to produce his "Cheetah Coupe and Roadster" decal sheet........look under "Cheetah Coupe and Roadster"............they are not the same quality as the VRM ones, but, they are still quite good. (I also have a sheet of these that I had also forgotten about).

This is a poor picture stolen from Pattos site,.....but you can see what it looks like....at least half the oval roundels ARE outlined in red.

Hope this helps, and I wish I had these prior to my Mk10 build :(

PS Pattos has a few Cheetah sheets,....make sure you look for "Cheetah Coupe and Roadster"

Cheers
Chris Walker

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:41 pm

I also went on a decal hunt for the MK10 I entered in the 2018 Rollingthunder Can Am proxy. No luck there. This was a supposed copy of the original version from the movie “Winning”. I ended up making my own decals for it, which made it look a lot better than it ran...

I think the red outline came on later versions of this car... At least I didn’t detect them during a boatload of viewings of the movie trailer...

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:08 pm

The VRM decals appear to be only available in 1/24 scale. Moot point since the Cheetah decals are OOS.
Will search the Pattos site for Cheetah decals.
I’m looking to duplicate colors that I’ve seen on the car at vintage races.

Any suggestions for body color?
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:00 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW Body Shop