[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Late return of La Carrera PanAmericana-2 proxy cars

Late return of La Carrera PanAmericana-2 proxy cars

Late return of La Carrera PanAmericana-2 proxy cars

Postby Audi1 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:21 am

Some of you have noticed that the return of your La Carrera PanAmericana-2 proxy cars has been a little slow. There's a reason for this; it's not one that would necessarily apply to everyone, but it is one that applies to me, so I wanted to let you know what was up.

Most of your know that I turn around proxy cars almost as soon as I receive them. This time was different. I've had the cars since the middle of the second week of February.

When I received the box of cars from Chappy, I opened it and unwrapped the upper-most car. It was Retro Racer 44's (Keith Hines) Ferrari Monza; #44a. The second car I unwrapped was his #45 Lancia D-24. I've really never gotten fully over the shock of Keith's sudden death about a year ago last December and unwrapping two of his cars in a row was just more that I wanted to do at the time. So, I put the cars down, closed the box and set it aside.

Two weeks later I went back to the box. This time the 5th car unwrapped was Dave Teftt's (tsgtret) Mercedes 300SL. Dave passed away during the initial stages of the PanAmericana-2 proxy. I closed up that box and put it aside again.

Last week after Mitch58 asked where the cars were, I opened the box again and the next car that I unwrapped was Don Murphy's (mrollingtunuder) flamboyant big Detroit metal Ford entry. I put it aside again.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've never been in a proxy where anyone has passed away during the running of the series; let alone three people. So, the short version of the story is that the cars got stuck behind my memory, but you also have the long version now.

That leaves 5 cars with no home to return to. I think that I'll auction them off and send the proceeds as a donation to HRW. I'll put up a separate thread on that. They will be:

Ferrari Monza
Lancia D-24
Studebaker
Mercedes 300SL
'49 Ford

The rest will be in the mail on Monday!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Late return of La Carrera PanAmericana-2 proxy cars

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:30 am

Allan,
I for one can completely understand that mentality and how you feel.
Retro and Tsgret I knew fairly well as on can From the forum but never have met them in person.
Both passionate and our hobby and happy to share their love of it with us.

I think everyone can understand your situation, I know I do. I think the auction idea is a good one and hope that they would agree.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jcis4me » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Allan
Hang in there brother, it was a shock to me also Keith and I had a good friendship going across the US. He built the chassis under my Pegasso.
He is surely missed.

Marty
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smilin Ray » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:25 am

I'm at lost for words. Rest in Peace slotters!
Smilin Ray

Postby Audi1 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:47 am

Gentlemen, your cars are all in the mail to you as of this morning. Let me know when they arrive; thanks.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Alan,

I suspect that many of our proxy entrants have various health issues hanging over our heads. ....so for the record... were I myself to not be around for the finish of an entered proxy, I would be happy to have my entrants auctioned in support of HRW.

Val
Last edited by glasshorsevh on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:27 pm

We need a "like" button on this forum. Thanks, Val; same for me.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smilin Ray » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:45 am

Smilin Ray

Postby Jesla » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:56 am

Like buttons have disappeared from most forums, for some very good reasons.
Let's not bring something to the forum that is fraught with so many issues.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:07 am

Allan:
I received my car today. Thanks !
BB
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:43 am

Car returned today.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Glad to see that they're starting to show up at your homes. Thanks for letting me know.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi Allan,
My car arrived this evening. Thank you for taking care of them.
Mike
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:46 pm

My Corvette made it, thanks Allan.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby redlynr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:19 am

Car received... Thanks Allan!
redlynr