[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Round ? at Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

Round ? at Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

Round ? at Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

Postby gascarnut » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:11 am

Hello to all entrants and supporters.

The next round (I really don't know what number this is in the series) will take place at my track in SoCal tomorrow September 2 from 1:45pm PDT.

I ha a great group of drivers lined up and ready to go, they all love running Proxy events and have become pretty good at getting the best out of each car without getting overly competitive with each other. Hopefully we will have a good run as always.

I will be setting up a video stream for the event, starting around 1:30pm PDT, at this link: https://www.twitch.tv/samsonclassics

I hope it all works. Our internet service is slow today but it should be OK tomorrow. I will also save the race so you can watch at a later time too.

Good luck to all, watch this space for more details tomorrow.
Last edited by gascarnut on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Round ? at Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

Postby Audi1 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:05 pm

Sounds great, Dennis! A lot of us will be watching the action there in Irvine. BTW - it's Round # 8.

Best,

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:43 pm

Dennis
:text-goodpost: :text-bravo: Sounds like your going to have a power packed weekend. :violence-axechase:
Hope all involved has a good drive and a safe drive to and from the track. :auto-rally: :auto-car:
:text-bravo: A BIG THANK YOU for taking the time to video stream the race. :text-thankyouyellow:
:text-bravo: Always like watching the races live. :auto-driving: :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-driving:
:auto-crash:
bigman
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Round 8 at Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

Postby gascarnut » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:30 pm

All,

Due to the current weather conditions here (well over 90 degrees and we're not even at the hottest time of day yet), and the expectation that tomorrow is going to be even hotter, I have decided to postpone this race for two weeks. I am out of town next weekend unfortunately so it has to wait until the 16th. There is no way we would survive a full 7 or 8 hours out under the patio roof tomorrow, even with fans and coolers going.

So, sorry, another short delay. Perhaps I will get a chance tonight or tomorrow night once it''s cooler to at least run the Qualifying.

Have a happy Labor Day weekend!
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:16 am

Thanks for the update, Dennis. Have a good Labor Day weekend holiday!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:24 pm

At the hottest time of the day today, it was 102 degrees outside on my patio. None of us are as young as we once were, so thank you for your patience with us, we will run this race in two weeks when we hopefully will have a day under 80 degrees.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:05 pm

I think all the cars would thank you too if they could. Enjoy the weekend my Friend
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:50 am

Things are looking good for this weekend, racing will start Saturday 9/16 at approximately 2:00pm PDT.

I will qualify the cars on Friday afternoon to save time, and post some results, but I doubt I will stream that session.

Saturday's racing will be streamed on my Twitch.tv channel as published above.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Dennis,

Is there anything we should know about Twitch.tv? Connecting to your channel seems to be no issue, but is there live texting between viewers or anything like that?

Really looking forward to another event in this great series at another cool looking track! The view is great from the back of the field, by the way...

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:08 pm

I guess there can be live texting, there is a "chat room" down the right side of the screen.

I have never tried to use it as I am way too busy during the event to do any more than just let the camera run.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:55 am

Enjoyed the racing coverage! It's the only time I've seen the "Dallas Alice"" car run on wood. It uses PCS rubber tires instead of urethanes and although the car liked them better on plastic, I wasn't sure about other surfaces. The cars speed problems did not seem to stem from lack of grip (just about everything else). Thanks to all involved in making this segment happen!

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:44 am

Thanks for the feedback, Val! I noticed a few viewers, not as many as I had hoped, but if just one enjoyed it then that's enough motivation to do it!

I will split the total coverage into three "highlights" so that they will be available permanently for others to view at their leisure.

In the meantime, here are the overall results from yesterday's race. Ties in lap totals are split by best single lap time:

1. Car #63: 76.85 laps, best time 6.767
2. Car #45: 76.80 laps, best time 6.864
3. Car #54: 75.65 laps, best time 6.996
4. Car #2 : 75.00 laps, best time 6.897
5. Car #21a: 74.55 laps, best time 7.134 (Jaguar)
6. Car #44a: 74.35 laps, best time 7.065 (Ferrari)
7. Car #149: 74.05 laps, best time 6.876
8. Car #6 : 73.70 laps, best time 7.007
9. Car #21b: 73.55 laps, best time 7.084 (Mercedes)
10. Car #44b: 73.55 laps, best time 7.115 (Studebaker)
11. Car #152: 71.90 laps, best time 7.262
12. Car #4: 71.85 laps, best time 7.200
13. Car #33: 70.70 laps, best time 7.408
14. Car #23: 70.70 laps, best time 7.604
15. Car #356: 70.55 laps, best time 7.427
16. Car #77: 69.35 laps, best time 7.458
17. Car #171: 69.10 laps, best time 7.524
18. Car # 5: 69.05 laps, best time 7.363
19. Car #20: 68.95 laps, best time 7.173
20. Car #157: 68.25 laps, best time 7.142
21. Car #31: 66.90 laps, best time 7.784
22. Car #129: 66.15 laps, best time 7.786
23. Car #259: 66.10 laps, best time 7.781
24. Car #113: 65.15 laps, best time 7.775
25. Car #78: 64.65 laps, best time 7.852
26. Car #14: 64.40 laps, best time 8.093
27. Car #10: 63.60 laps, best time 8.169
28. Car #53: 62.10 laps, best time 7.944
29. Car #11: 61.05 laps, best time 8.481
30. Car #12: 60.95 laps, best time 7.965

Overall impressions from the drivers were that most cars drove very nicely and had mostly good grip. The cars that were on rubber tires suffered a bit from picking up some of the urethane dust from the rest of the field (notably #53 - this car was quite nice for two or three laps after a tire clean but then got real loose for the rest of the heat). Quite a few cars could have benefited from more horsepower on this track.

It was good to see a number of scratch-built cars in the mix, many with very interesting construction techniques. Also the number of Ninco frames with minimal tuning that ran very well was an indication of how good those cars are with lower powered motors.

All in all we had a blast running your cars, thanks for the opportunity.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Thank you Dennis and to the Drivers. I noticed the #20 BARC Porsche was quick enough, but suffered from a few de-slots. Notes are being taken and the next chassis( actually they already have) will incorporate a brass plate to lower the CG in an effort to give better feedback to the driver that you are on the limit of adhesion. I think the video is worth it as I never had time to watch it live but did scan it this morning, so Live viewers are only a fraction of the people that will actually tune in at some time.

Congrats to the winners, and all of those that entered cars in this proxy.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:17 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:42 am

Great work guys!!!
Well done to all the podium finishers, you dit well!!!!
Go Rich GO!!!!

Cheers
Clive
CARacing
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016