[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - PanAm NewZealand @ The Anaconda, Hawkes Bay.

PanAm NewZealand @ The Anaconda, Hawkes Bay.

PanAm NewZealand @ The Anaconda, Hawkes Bay.

Postby munter » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:59 pm

The cars have arrived and been unpacked. I have set them out on the infield and grouped them loosely based on size and type.
The only issue discovered so far is the female driver in the Chev wants out. I will fix that with a drop of glue and see how they all run.
I will report some shakedown times and observations before giving each of the cars their six minutes of track time.
First impressions are...Wow. What a great group of cars.
Last edited by munter on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: PanAm NewZealand @ The Anaconda, Hawkes Bay.

Postby chappy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Aha finally in the Great NZ. Have fun with them John, they look like a fantastic group of cars to run. The track is looking i very good nick too.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby dge467 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:57 pm

"The only issue discovered so far is the female driver in the Chev wants out. I will fix that with a drop of glue and see how they all run".

Is this the 55 Chevy?
I knew this would happen, the navigator eats a lot of spicy foods. Must of run out of air fresheners! :P :oops:

If you can glue her in for me, that would be great!! Have fun racing the cars! Thanks!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby CrockettNZ » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:36 pm

let me know if you want/need a hand
I am free all weekend
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Thanks Dave, I am not sure when the timed racing will happen.

I have given each car a good squirt round the track for 5 to 10 laps each and have some observations and times which I will publish sometime soon. Off to the movies shortly.

A couple of cars have tires that are unglued which is causing hoppity bumpity on exiting some corners.

Last year there were a few cars that had shallow guides and didnt like the off camber on two corners of my track. This year there is only one that seems to have a slight issue in that area.

I also recognise a couple of resin bodies which is nice for me.

more soonish
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:58 pm

Can't wait to see how the 550 handles the Anaconda. Will be watching with great interest.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:02 am

Looks like Alice and Alejandro are in for a real roller coaster ride in the number 14 Ford. What a clean beautiful track the Anaconda is!

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:02 am

If my #2 corvette is one of the ones than need tires glued on, feel free to do it. It's been so long since I put that car together that I can't remember myself. Thanks for the run, enjoy. I don't believe this proxy is running through the Pacific NW so I won't get a shot at them myself.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Good morning, good afternoon or good evening....here are the shakedown details

#45 Lancia D24 6.562 smooth stable
#10 Pegaso 7.536 judders in corners, rear tires unglued
#11 Volkswagon 8.285 too cool
#21 XK120 6.768 smooth, handles well
#54 XK120 6.668 smooth, handles very well. Had to tape the interior in place.
#31 Ferrari 860 7.394 seemed slow, handles OK
#44 Ferrari Monza 6.767 zippy, handles well
#171 C Type 6.873 handles well but a bit hoppy exiting corners
#157 OSCA MT-4 6.893 handles well for a small car
#12 Corvette 6.598 feels good , goes good
#53 Corvette 7.312 noisy, looks close to stock
#2 Corvette 6.551 smooth, quiet, fast
#63 Corvette 6.573 handles great, cute passenger
#6 Corvette 6.492 handles well, fast
#21 Mercedes Benz 6.721 Corners very well
# 5 Mercedes Benz 6.926 smooth but didnt like the off camber on a couple of corners
#29 Mercedes Benz 7.588 rear tires???? almost gone
#33 Porche 356 6.592 incredible!
#152 Porche 550 coupe 6.844 zippy
#259 Porche 550 7.638 tippy
#20 Porche 550 6.879 lovely
#149 Porche 356 speedster 6.638 smooth n fast
#78 Porche 356 speedster 7.412 judders, tires unglued
#356 Porche 356 speedster 7.248 handles OK
#77 Porche 356 7.324 lotsa brakes
#14 Ford 7.992 tippy
#113 Ford single spinner 7.417 smooth, handles well, seems to have dropped a valve though
#457 Chevy 6.756 stable stable...she stayed together
#44 Studebaker 6.633 handles good
#23 Ford 6.768 handles well considering its looks

The cars were driven hard but not "balls out." There were some deslots but no crashes. A very enjoyable group of vehicles indeed.
Now I need to find the time to run each car for six minutes. This will be done over a couple of days as my time allows. Race temperatures here will be in the mid to high teens celcius.

More later
Regards
John

PS anyone wanting me to glue tires or check anything then feel free to let me know. Shotgun Dave...the VW is riding high at the front like it has had a fast frontal crash. The guide is pointing down and the front wheels are off the track....it could be tweaked or left alone.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Not in this race but it's just cool seeing these cars lined up over there.

I'll bet Shotgun will say: " TWEAK IT" :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:45 pm

#31 Ferrari 860 7.394 seemed slow, handles OK

Hi John, glad they all arrived safely. In reference to the slowness, do you feel its weight related or simply under motored?
I originally had a 21k motor, but that wasn't the proper motor for the class. I keep wishing I'd left it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:46 pm

I am not in the race, but I know a few that are :banana-dance: hope for fast times, very nice track
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby chappy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:08 pm

23 Ford 6.768 handles well considering it's looks.

Hmph :doh:

John can you give it a haircut and a shave LMBO :lol:

Have Fun
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby munter » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:33 pm

munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:43 pm

I suspected that lol.
Truth is I do need a haircut. When your 5 yr old grandson tells you that you need a haircut , you know its time.
After having had the crew over running 47 cars in the Trans Am series, you are going to need a lot of refreshment to run those 30 cars at 6 mins a piece. Would sir like a little Red Bull.

Cheers and enjoy the cars
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Next

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016