[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2016 PanAm - Round 1 - The River Run

2016 PanAm - Round 1 - The River Run

Re: 2016 PanAm - Round 1 - The River Run

Postby chappy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:08 pm

Well my Car is in North Reading Allan, do you get postal service on a Saturday's lol.
If so it sure is cutting ot close, but may make the first race yet lol
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:51 am

Bob, yes we do get Saturday mail here. It arrives just before noontime and I'll be away today from around 11:00AM-7:00PM (family holiday gathering in Rhode Island). I'll check my mailbox when I get home. It will be close, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you..........!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:23 am

Just found out that I'll be leaving on a business trip, out of the country, tomorrow night. The race is still on for tomorrow, but I probably won't have time to post the complete results; concourse, pics, videos, etc. before I leave; that will have to wait for Thursday, when I return. I'll try to get the podium finishers posted; even if I have to do it from the airport. Changes, changes................... :lol:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:26 am

Its out for delivery Allan, coming down yhe home straight, door to door or bumper to bumper as it approaches the line its going to be a close one folks . Lol
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:21 pm

You made it, Chappy!

Somewhere over the Picton, Ontario, CA skies, the planets were aligned. When I got home this evening the silver #23 was parked in my mailbox.

No time for a quali run at this point, but you're in on the first Round of this Series! :handgestures-thumbup:

We have a full field - let the party begin! :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:03 pm

Thanks Allan glad it made ot before the Green flag.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:56 am

Allan going on a out of country business trip ????? I smell a rat !!!!!!!!!
Did he not go on a similar trip a couple of years ago to buy his Good Wife a champagne color Porsche ???
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:46 pm

This is definitely a rat, Richard...........! ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:33 pm

It's First Round Race Results time.................!

First off, we had 3 drivers today; Matt (changing.gearz), Jeff (dge467) and Neil (beefywon). All did a great job with these car; which spanned quite a gamut, in terms of driving characteristics.

We started it off with a concourse competition; before everyone got their inaugural "dinsg" on the track. 4 of us were judges; the 3 drivers plus myself. We rated our top 10 cars; 10 points to the best car, then 9 for the second, eight for the third, etc. Each judge did his own scoring, then we pooled the results. When I tell you that the judges really got into judging the concourse, I'm not just kiddin'.........:

Here are your "Top Ten" results:

1. #11 - 30 points
2. # 44b - 25 points
3. #152 - 17 points
3. # 4 - 17 points
5. #10 - 14 points
6. #21b - 12 points
7. #45 - 11 points
8. #21a - 10 points
9. #77 - 9 points
10. #113 - 8 points
10. #157 - 8 points
10. #44a - 8 points
10. #12 - 8 points

And here's a pic of your top 3, er......make that 4..............!

Congratulations to everyone on what the drivers thought was the most interesting field of 1/32 scale slot cars every assembled in one place at the same time!! :text-bravo: :text-bravo: :text-bravo:

Then it was on to the racing. 3 minute heats, drivers stayed in their lanes and the cars rotated through in reverse qualifying order. A lot of fun and a lot of laughs! Here are the results:

Finishing Position / Car # / Total Laps Covered / Fastest Time Tie-beaker (if needed)

1. 36 / 78.7
2. 33 / 75.3
3. 6 / 74.7
4. 63 / 73.5
5. 21b / 73.4 (Mercedes 300 SL)
6. 152 / 72.7
7. 45 / 71.8
8. 157 / 70.8
9. 5 / 70.7 / 7.206
10. 44b / 70.7 / 7.468 (Studebaker)
11. 54 / 70.7 / 7.522
12. 44a / 70.5 (Ferrari 750 Monza)
13. 4 / 70.4
14, 20 / 70.2 / 7.500
15. 21a / 70.2 / 7.506 (Jaguar XK-140)
16, 2 / 69.6
17. 149 / 69.3
18. 78 / 78 / 68.6
19, 23 / 67.7
20, 171 / 67.4
21. 53 / 66.1
22. 356 / 65.6
23. 77 / 64.7 / 7.959
24. 31 / 64.7 / 8.244
25. 259 / 63.8 / 8.066
26. 10 / 63.8 / 8.088
27 14 / 63.5
28. 12 / 63.3
29. 129 / 59.1
30. 11 / 57.5
31. 113 / 43.7

The #36 was only raced as a comparator, so your podium is:

# 33 - First :text-bravo:
#6 - Second :text-bravo:
#63 - Third :text-bravo:

Congrats to Tony (bromosRSR) for putting together a very nice chassis/body combo that is very easy to drive and push through the corners. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Here's a pic of the step-standers:

I'll try to put up a couple of videos when I get back from London on Thursday.

We was a blast!!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:00 pm

Thanks Allan safe journey.
Looks like this is going to be a great series right from the get go.
Noce looking cars and some good close racing.
It can only get closer.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks Allan. Have a safe trip/

I am very happy to be right in the middle of the pack. Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Wow!!! Didn't see that coming.... There's still tons of racing to go. Congratulations Richard as your years of slotting are paying off and Redlynr, I know your car will be a Spoiler (Hotwheels joke).

Allan, thanks to you and your team for pulling off a great race. Have safe travels as you head to my 2nd favorite city.

Tony
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby redlynr » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:00 am

Thanks for the run Gents!

Definitely nothing concourse about my car visually! :lol:
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:31 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:55 pm

It was great fun running all your cars Sunday! They all look great!
dge467
The King of Foil

PreviousNext

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016