[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2016 PanAm - Round 1 - The River Run

2016 PanAm - Round 1 - The River Run

Re: 2016 PanAm - Round 1 - The River Run

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:17 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:39 pm

Thanks for hosting racing and judging! Clearly the Mad dog car looks better than it runs! I think coming in dead last by that margin qualifies is as the official event chase car! ;)
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi Don, The Mad Dog Margarita Ford was definitely a crowd favorite. We all spent a lot of time trying to turn laps for you. If OK with you, I would like to open it up again and do some more tuning - OK with you?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:54 pm

Hmm traveling out of the country ... maybe the UK and a new Jaguar? My VISA gift card for $51 is in the mail...do not want to lose the chance of you directing your expertise to another competitor, besides he cut his all up. I know that 77 has lots room for improvement...Allan seriously safe travels and I do love this great group of cars.
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:38 pm

mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi Allan;

Thanks to you guys for placing my cars all securely mid pack. A good start, and they should climb up the grid as the climate and elevation change around the world. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:38 am

Next Round is scheduled for Jeff's Ironwood track; only located about 10 miles from me; so no radical barometric changes expected - yet! We'll see if we can pump some more air into those new style pneumatic tires that you used on the Studebaker.....................

The cars are all boxed up now and I'll get them to Jeff this week. With the Holidays now in full swing, the second race will probably take place shortly after the New Year.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:50 am

Thanks to all involved, we have several proxies pass thru the Pacific NW every year and are well aware it's not always easy or convenient to get enough racers and Marshalls together to get it run. I personally enjoy seeing how other racers/builders do things. This proxy looks like it has a great looking bunch of cars.

Mitch
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:47 pm

Thanks for the update! So, did you get a chance to strap a couple of rockets on the back of the Mad Dog Ford?

Don M
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:06 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:37 am

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi Dave, Will do - thanks.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Here are a couple pics of Don's MDM chassis and wheels:

Here are the dimensions on the wheels (all 4 are the same):

Outer flange diameter = 11.75mm
Center outside diameter (between the flanges) = 10.68mm
Width of wheel = 5.0mm
Width between the flanges (bead to bead) = 3.58mm

With the tires mounted on the wheels, the tire diameter = 19.60mm

I'm not sure if the best approach is to glue them all on and true them all down to get rid of the hard surfaces, or if I should leave the fronts (trued) and put urethanes on the rear (if they're available). We have time to do some work on the car, since Jeff won't be running the second Round until after the Holidays.

Let me know what you think; thanks.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:15 am

:text-thankyouyellow:

I know it is a fun run, but it seems you guys are having too much fun trying to fix the Mad Dog! All of the suggestions sound good, personally I would have suggested some lighter fluid and a match!

Seriously, the wheels , I believe , are from one of my VRAA cars from a year or so ago, so I believe they scale out to 13". I chose them due to the very narrow space available under the body.

The wheels, I believe are BWA and the tires are, I believe DART urethanes out of Toronto. They are probably 2 or 3 years old, but never used. That combination actually works well on the VRAA cars, although they are a much smaller, lighter car with a much lower center of gravity using the slim can version of that motor.

Play with the car as much as you want, and send me a bill for whatever parts you need, I appreciate it. I know I had to do the same for a few competitors a few years back when I hosted the TransAm proxy,

Don M
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:28 am

Lets fix it and keep on motoring !
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016