[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2016 PanAm - Round 1 - The River Run

2016 PanAm - Round 1 - The River Run

2016 PanAm - Round 1 - The River Run

Postby Audi1 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:40 pm

The quali has been run and the results are in the books.

We had some close runs today, along with some photo ops, which will be coming up either later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

I ran each car in the middle lane (white); first 10 laps to get used to it, then another 10 laps for fastest time. The track is smooth latex paint, recessed braid and the power supply was set to 10V. When the dust; rubber and urethane, cleared, here's how it came out.

Position / Car # / Fastest lap / Comments

30 / 113 / 17.687 / Lacks traction, very light, needs weight; if OK with the owner, I will add weight before Round 1, reversed polarity (I will fix before the race).

29 / 11 / 9.189 / My favorite car, hands down! Traction down a little, big tail-outs in the turns, fun, fun car to drive!

28 / 129 / 8.956 / Easy driver, needs more power, feels faster than the Q time indicates.

27 / 14 / 8.463 / Corners well, fun to drive, good looker!

25 tie / 10 / 8.263 / Nice looking car, smooth, runs well.

25 tie / 31 / 8.263 / Very smooth and easy to drive, SL-1 motor struggles to move a car of this size.

24 / 259 / 8.065 / Needs more traction on this track, slight rubbing sound, smooth driver

23 / 12 / 8.055 / Runs intermittently, will look for contact break at guide and motor, good brakes.

22 / 356 / 8.017 / Great brakes! smooth, needs more power on this track, easy driver

21 / 2 / 7.929 / Smooth, likes to slide out in the corners.

20 / 171 / Great brakes! a little tail-happy exiting turns, won't deslot!

19 / 20 / 7.747 / Smooth, but makes a rubbing noise, polarity reversed (I will fix it before the race).

18 / 77 / 7.744 / Unreal brakes!! good speed, occasional barrel roll in the corners.

17 / 21a (slotting since 1963) / 7.691 / Very smooth, easy to drive

16 / 53 / 7.650 / Smooth, but something is binding.

15 / 44b (retro racer 44 - Studebaker) / 7.626 / This is a great car! easy driver, good straight line speed.

14 / 78 / 7.598 / Nice driving car! Does it all well, will race well.

13 / 4 / 7.573 / Great run for the largest car in the field, runs as good as it looks! A blast to drive!

12 / 54 / 7.486 / Does it all well, will race well!

11 / 33 / 7 482 / Nice! Richard Mack chassis works very well on this car, will race well.

10 / 45 / 7.431 / Very nice car! easy driver, fast on straights, handles corner smoothly, will race well.

9 / (44a retro racer 44 - Ferrari) / 7.427 / Smooth, brakes very good, need to back-off just slightly in corners.

8 / 149 / 7.365 / Easily the fastest car in a straight line, good all-around handling, can deslot exiting corners.

7 / 21b (drw21) / 7.360 / Very easy driver, straight line speed, good cornering, will race well.

6 / 5 / 7.534 / Very smooth, easy driver, will race well.

5 / 6 / 7.169 / Smooth, great brakes, good straight line speed, handles corners well, typical redlynr car.

4 / 152 / 7.121 / Tuned on this track, not an easy driver, short and narrow, won't race as well as it qualified.

3 / 157 / 7.088 / Tuned on this track, also not an easy driver, short and narrow, won't race as well as it qualified.

2 / 63 / 6.920 / Terrific performance, does it all well, may well be the car to beat in this series!

1 / 36 / 6.644 / This was last year's series winner. It's in for comparison and probably won't be raced again, tuned on this track.

And that's how the action shook out today. In my opinion, any car that turned a 7.5 or better today could well be on the podium this coming Sunday.

Good luck to everyone!!

Pics to follow.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 2016 PanAm - Round 1 - The River Run

Postby Audi1 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:56 pm

Here are the pics that go with today's qualification run.

First, a few shots of the field, lined up numerically for their run:

First car on the chicane and ready to go:

Some cars tried to hide..........but we found them..........women drivers!............:

Some cars wanted to occupy more than one lane................:

While others thought that a smooth top was the key to cornering speed................:

Others were just confused (now why would there be a foam rubber pad right there...........?..............:

Some forgot to turn the steering wheel entering the turns................:

And here's the last car to qualify, aptly numbered "356":

These are all great looking car and all are really fun to drive!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:21 pm

Great job Allan. Love the pics and the write ups .
All makes things worth while when someone takes the time to document
Like this.
Thanks
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Dundee Denny » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:35 pm

GREAT matching up your comments with the pictures of the field, feel like I know the personalities of each of these fantastic looking rides.

Thanks for all your efforts doing this!! Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:37 pm

Thanks Allan.

That is a lot of work qualifying all those cars, and it is nice not to be on the bottom of the qualifying list for a change. I have lane direction switches on my layout so I never pay much attention to the polarity. There is a 50/50 chance it will be right. :D

I really take interest in the times as it gives me benchmarks for future builds. i.e When my car gets back to me I will know how far off the pace I am and can then build to try and make up that difference, using the returned car as the benchmark. IF I am 20% slower then the top car, then I know I need to make the next one that much faster then the car returned to me to even have a shot at the top half.

So thank you for the update and I look forward to the race.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:27 pm

Thanks Allen,

This looks like it will be a fun proxy to follow along.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:56 pm

ShotgunDave, I love that little bug!!! :music-rockout: :text-bravo:
That's the best part of this proxy, COOL CARS!!!! You did an awesome job with that Bettle.

My Ferrari didn't impress me on it's first showing, but I LOVE that it's there and in the mix. :) I'm really proud of how it looks, even if shes a little heavy and slow. :auto-driving:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:27 am

Thank you for the qualifying Allan, looks like this will be a blast and a half.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:05 am

Wonderful pictures and commentary. Hope not to see too many more shots of the Tiny Alice Car with her dress up. Will be interested to see how the rubber tires perform throughout this series. She seemed to prefer them over urethanes, at least on plastic.

Thanks Allan, and have a great time on Sunday!

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:48 am

Wow !!!!!! Surprised with the # 63 Vette result. New Jack Rabbit motor and tuned by Allan , that's almost like cheating !!!!!
Thanks Allan
Richard
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:59 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:43 am

Your a gentleman Allan and i think what you have done for Richard is fine by me. Its all in the spirit of having fun, and as we say up here, No harm no foul.
I certainly hope my car arrives today so it can compete with the great looking grid already present.
Good luck to all , lets have some fun.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby DRW21 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:56 pm

I would like to also say that the spirit of this fun run is exactly that, a fun run, just as we all did running a round earlier this year

Congrats to those who help other racers keep going, at the end of it all who is really worried about who wins, this is a fun run, we're just here to have fun and compete, just wanna have fun racing

Just like we do on club night, we emphasis the racing and not the winning - that way more bods have more fun and that is the key to it so great work sort the car out for SLOTTING SINCE 1963

That been said - all the best for race day everyone
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:37 pm

Add weight, glue the tires on, add a wing....in short, since it is a fun run, have fun and change anything you want on the 113! :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow:

Don M
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:27 pm

So 129 needs more power? :think: Don't we all!? Probably pretty heavy compared to the other cars, it's running 9/27 gears and a Jack Rabbit so my driver must had too many tacos!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016