[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starting to arrive!

La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starting to arrive!

Re: La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starting to arrive!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:25 pm

Another car is in the house! Tony's (brumos RSR) silver 356A coupe was parked in my mailbox today. This is a very nice car; just feels fast in the hand. And, it's sporting a spring steel chassis, which is really good looking. No play in the guide and all 4 tires look equally planted. I'm looking forward to putting this one on the track - for sure!

Where did you get that nice spring steel chassis, Tony? I've never seen one for the smaller wheelbase cars. I just built out my Racer BWM M1 Group 5 NA proxy car with one of Richard's Mack's spring steel chassis. Is that one of his?

That's 10 cars - we're in double digit land now................! :banana-dance:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:29 pm

How about a car from Bob Taylor? It's not going to feel like a La Carrera Panamericana fun run proxy without a car from Perry, GA. There's still time. Even a dusted-off Lister Jaguar would be a welcome addition!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:01 am

A little transporter pulled out from Maple Ridge today containing "Retro's Red Roadsters". A Lancia D-24 and a Ferrari 750 Monza ready to do battle. The Studebaker needs one last test and tune and it will follow next week in its own box.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:46 am

Where did you get that nice spring steel chassis, Tony? I've never seen one for the smaller wheelbase cars. I just built out my Racer BWM M1 Group 5 NA proxy car with one of Richard's Mack's spring steel chassis. Is that one of his?

That's 10 cars - we're in double digit land now................! :banana-dance:

Allan

Yes, it's a RM and I hope it can keep pace with the mid pack small cars. I needed to ship while heading out of town for work. As soon as I paid and handed it over at the PO, I realized everything I meant to do before shipping to finish the car. :doh:
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:20 pm

Three more cars arrived in my mailbox today; two from New Zealand and one from Texas.

Dave West (DRW21) and Paul Slacker (PSlacker) have their sports cars safely in the house. Great detailing as we've seen from previous pics on both of these two cars! This brings us up to a full New Zealand contingent; 4 racers in total. It will be great to see these cars run on some of their home tracks as this series unfolds.

DRW21

PSlacker

The third cars if from Val (glasshorsevh) and brings us some of the best of the Detroit iron that ran in the La Carrera Panamericana race. Tiny Alice Racing in in the game! Great styling in these old 50's cars. Long wheelbase, wide track, should run well.

That's 13 so far; only about 20 to go.........................!! This is going to be one very cool field of cars. :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:05 pm

What a fantastic cars!
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Wow that was quick, last time it took 3-4 weeks so I glad we got there in time.
Don't worry Allan, they have been built to run, 2slow to win.
Great looking car from glasshorsevh.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:49 pm

Those are some sweet looking entries!
I need to get mine finished up and shipped over as well!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:06 am

Be sure and check the first post on the La Carrera Panamericana-2 Registration thread for updates on cars that have arrived so far.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:49 pm

I'm excited!!!!! How about a pre shakedown shakedown
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:01 pm

Guys
So far those cars are absolutely stunning. It's so difficult to judge them.
I'm in next year.
Regards Dariusz aka radarek :banana-dance:
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:19 pm

Looks like I'll miss round 1 Car was actually finished and testing in preparing to be mailed overnight first thing in the morning....and the motor went up in sparks after about 10 laps! I'll have to take a run to Buffalo for a replacement sometime this week. I'll get it out by Wednesday for the next round!

Specs: 49 Ford Body, Mustang Scalextric chassis (was a)MT1 motor, 13" scale wheels and rubber tires.

Sponsor: "Mad dog Margarita Special" from the "Texas Chili Bar" :D

Don M
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:22 pm

Nice builds guys!!!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Audi1 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:04 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:23 pm

Three more arrivals today! Two from retro racer 44 and one from doubl-B.

Rather than a pair of 3DP Studes, Keith has instead entered two Italian sports cars; one Ferrari and one Lancia; both very nice and feeling fast in the hand:

And we have another Mercedes 300SL in the mix; this one with nice green chevrons over the front fenders. Definitely a "low rider" car (the rumor is that it's fresh from one of the big Tijuana chop shops............) with big rear tires. Looks ready to turn some very quick laps!:

That's 16 cars so far. Check the first post on the PanAmericana Registration thread for status updates.

Keith is planning to send another Stude a little later; so that will be special, as we absolutely have to have at least one Stude in any La Carrera Panamericana fun run proxy...........for sure!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016