[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starting to arrive!

La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starting to arrive!

Re: La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starting to arrive!

Postby redlynr » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:45 am

redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:03 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:17 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:46 pm

We have two more entries in the house! These are from Richard (slotting since 1963). One is a Corvette and the other is a Jaguar XK.

Those of you who didn't overeat today.............may be saying: "those cars look familiar to me"; and they should.

The Corvette is last year's PanAm car; it never made it back across the pond to South Africa. It's a long story, but suffice it to say that between Bob's (btaylor) car return timing and my ability to "loose" the car (stashed away in a safe place, of course) for 3 months, it was still here. So, I glued the tires to the wheels and trued them, then dropped in an H&R Jack Rabbit motor, lubed it, as needed, and it's ready to run again!

The Jag is also last years car..........last year's ROAR car. Yes, it was the #63 last year, but with the peel of a stick-on decal, it's now the #21. Tires glued to the wheels and trued, body and motor lubed and we're ready for the starting line.

Both of these cars ran well before; I think that they will again.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Great looking bunch of cars. The competition is going to be stiff this year.
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:32 am

This is going to be a great field of cars! Can't wait to get them all in so that I can start taking some on-track shots.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:34 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:17 pm

We have Thompson's Porsche 356A cab in the house, as of today's mail delivery! Looks even better in the "flesh" than in his pics.

I'm getting itchy to put them on the track, but we still have a few in transit.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:01 pm

Yeah, it made it! On mine I hand painted all the details. The tonneau cover is actually a piece of cloth spray glued over the resin cover, for the ultimate in realism. Balsa headrest pod, red leather seat, dashboard and I printed out a photo of actual 356 Speedster dashboard gauges. The roll bar is a ABS parts sprue from my 1/12 scale Tamiya Porsche 934 RC car I'm in the middle of building. My intent was to built the cockpit and roll bar to take a full roll several times off the track and onto the floor... :naughty:

Allan, please adjust the body float as needed or you see fit, I didn't test it at all (track is in pieces). Hopefully the Porsche 356 Speedster works... :doh:
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:17 am

Only saw the post on my cars now !!!!
Still recovering from the bill I received for the spares, labor and storage!!!!
Just hope it was money worth spent.
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:45 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:44 pm

One 1957 Ford has left Ontario Canada and is bound for River Run.
Estimate 6 days without the rocket boosters.
So should be there by the 8th.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:03 pm

We have some more Detroit iron in the house. Don's (mrollingthunder) Mad Dog Margaita Ford rolled into the mailbox this morning. Looking very nice!

It's starting to even up between the native big block pushrods and the little foreign DOHC camps. Should be an interesting quali and first race next weekend.

Still waiting on a few more cars that are now in transit.................

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:50 pm

I agree, great line up of cars. I'm going to do a Detroit Iron in addition to whatever smaller car I do next year. I'm really digging this proxy.
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:09 am

That car is making me thirsty and thinking about a tropical spot to relax
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016