[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starting to arrive!

La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starting to arrive!

La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starting to arrive!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:04 am

Just a quick post to let you all know that some of the La Carrera Panamericana cars are starting to show up - early! Right now, we have cars from Aloha and BARC-1 in the house and ready to run.

You want to see pics - right.................? ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starging to arrive!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Well I hope the new chassis is quicker then the first one. Glad it arrived safe and sound.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:36 pm

Mine's ready to go, I'll get it in the mail in the next few days.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:44 am

Allan -
I know there was talk of Thompson (studiors) doing a run of those great looking decals for the entries again this year - is that still the plan or?
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Doubl-B » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:07 am

Allan:
I have a question regarding the logistics of the numbers. You mentioned that you will be getting number decals made up, I guess in the format of the little rectangular shaped Carrera-Panamerica crest for the cars. The car's number is in this badge. Are you putting these on the cars or are you mailing the decals out for us to apply before we send them to you? I see photographs of the cars with the number on a meatball like most racing cars and also the C-P crest on the car. I think I've also seen cars with just the C-P crest. Just wanted to get some clarity...

I'll probably send my car just at the deadline because I'm still having trouble communicating with Art @ Dart to get some motors. Apparently my emails go to his trash but he did get one and he said to send my order again and he would send out an invoice but he hasn't checked the trash again (I guess) so no invoice and no motors yet. I'm ordering other motors now at twice the price as a backup. Really wanted to give Art some business because the supports a lot of the proxies.
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:11 pm

I am still trying to figure out why the wider Studey is a dog compared to the narrow one. I will spend some dedicated time on that problem tomorrow afternoon and get them in the mail next week.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:04 pm

For you guys still trying to find motors, Chicago Land Toys and Hobbies has H&Rs jackrabbit motors on sale for $7.99. You can't beat that. I put one in my Vette and it runs laps almost equal to the 18K motor it replaced.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:37 pm

Here are the first two cars to arrive; one from Dale (aloha) and the other from Dan (BARC-1).

Aloha:

BARC-1:

Both look really nice on the track! Looks like we may have a few Porsches showing up this year.................... ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:42 pm

And here are the decals from Thompson!

This is what each racer who registered with a number by October 1st gets:

So, if you want to get yours, then send me a PM with your mailing address on it and I'll send them out to you. These look great; not only the side panel and front/rear number decals, but some other vintage sponsor decals and, of course, the HRW decals. Get 'em while they're hot.............which it now!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:25 am

Allan
Hope your vacation was fun and you got some time for your second hobby, golf.
The decals are awesome may I request that you use the 77 as your model for just how neat it will look...I definitely trust your artistic touch.
By the way it is great to have your energy back online.
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starting to arrive!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:27 am

Hi Dale. I'll apply the decals to your #77 and post a pic of the outcome; probably sometime this weekend.

Thompson did a really nice job on these decals for us!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:28 am

Those are a couple good looking entries!
And those decals? Top shelf!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:46 pm

Got some decals on Dale's (aloha) 356A Cab today. They're printed on white paper, so you need to cut close to the edges; which I'm not great at doing................

He's working for Harry now........note the back deck decal............ :D

Allam
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:05 pm

Allan
I hear that Harry has high standards. Will I must say those decals really meet that level. They look really sharp. Thanks for the attention to detail...now if it can make it around the track against all of that Detroit iron and brass
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016