[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starting to arrive!

La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starting to arrive!

Re: La Carrera Panamericana-2 - Cars are starting to arrive!

Postby Doubl-B » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:59 am

Love the baby moons!
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Jeff showed up today to deliver his cherry Chevy Belaire and run some laps.

This car runs as good as it looks!

With a static model car and an H&R Jack Rabbit motor, he got some hot laps in under 7.50 seconds/lap; which is going to be good for these small motors on this track. Having run last year's cars and at least a few of this year's cars, I can tell you that the performance this time around is way up compared to the first go-round.............!

All this from an "all-girl" team; decked out in their "pretty in Pink & White" racing outfits. I think we're going to see some girls at the pointy end of this year's pack.

Quali sometime later this week; race on Sunday.

Two more cars still outstanding; one from Bob (Chappy} and the other from Mike (Z-carfan); both in transit now.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:43 pm

More Gold. Excellent cars. I really like the quirkyness of both, and am escpecially fond on the Mad Dog Ford.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:03 pm

Definitely some GREAT looking entries this year!!!!
Bravo guys!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:54 am

I just realized that I hadn't posted any pics of my cars. So, here they are. I was waiting on inserts for the Porsche 550 coupe; now I have them. Both those inserts and the ones on the OSCA MT-4 are from Changing Gearz and are 3DP items. Both bodies are from John Warren (munter) in NZ.

Porsche 550 Coupe:

OSCA MT-4:

Both of these cars were modeling projects for me; short wheelbases and narrow tracks (I never had to cut-down a 45mm axle before............). They were fun and were modeled off cars that actually ran in the original La Carrera Panamericana races, but if they finish in the upper half of the field, I'll be very surprised...........

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:53 am

Nice looking entries Allan. The 550A coupe is a beautiful car.

:text-threadjacked:

I wish Porsche would do up a retro car similar to what Detroit did with its muscle cars. Take this 550a, fine tune some of the lines and sell it. The kit car market is full of 550's and they look awesome.
They could use the Cayman mechanicals and attach them to a retro tub. I think with the racing heritage it represents people would buy the darn thing. After all, how many people could afford the few originals that still exist. They went as far as to change the name of the Cayman to a "718" so they are trying to keep in touch with their history, but I just think an actual "redo" of the 550 in both coupe and convertible would be a marketing hit. I guess they would be in direct competition to the Cayman and Boxster though.

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:29 pm

Talk about squeeking it in at the very last minute. Mike's (Z-carfan) car arrived in today's mail at 12:00PM, for a 2:00PM quali run - just in time!

Another Ferrari (which is always nice............!); this one a Monza 750. Looks great! Here's a pic:

Poor Chappy's car is, apparently, stuck in Chicago traffic, as it fights its way East to the North metro Boston area............. We're keeping the light on for you, Chappy!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:34 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:50 pm

[quote="Audi1"]Talk about squeeking it in at the very last minute. Mike's (Z-carfan) car arrived in today's mail at 12:00PM, for a 2:00PM quali run - just in time!

Whew, that is about as close as I could have cut it! Glad she made it safe.

Come on Chappy, I'm pulling for you to make it in time!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:08 pm

It's amazingly cool to see all these awesome scale models built with the decals sets on them! I really botched my up on the passenger side, but somehow they look "weathered" on my Auratium Pacifico Cerveza speedster. You guys have ALL knocked it out of the park on build quality — plus these race cars are designed to scoot!

I am planning to watch the La Carrera Panamericana movie tonight or tomorrow to get my soul right straight out in the groove. :dance:

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:12 pm

There's a Movie?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Yes, well a movie to a proper gearhead like me at least. Most would consider it a video with music. The plot is the race with David Gilmour and Nick Mason, music by Pink Floyd.

Several years ago I found the link of the full movie that was on YouTube but alas, it must have violated music rights and has since been removed. I own the original VHS, that I transferred to digital.

https://www.amazon.com/Pink-Floyd-Carre ... 6302427355
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:09 pm

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:25 pm

More Detroit metal showed up in my mailbox today. Chappy's sedan is now in the house!

Looking very nice and ready to take on the dustbowl that's commonly know as the La Carrera Panamericana-2!

Gentlemen and ladies...................start your engines! :auto-layrubber:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016