Sitting out.

Sitting out.

Postby DManley » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:00 pm

I was going to have a lot of fun with this proxy race, but reality is taking over. My Mother is still holding up well, but she is now getting hospice care. She also had another small stroke last night. I had the track pulled out to move it to the other room, but I am not even going to try putting it back up right now. I will have no track to test my car on, no bench to build it at and no way to leave her alone while I solder, airbrush and the like. I need to take a pass. I wasn't expecting things to go downhill so quickly, but they have. I will pretty much be off the board and gone for the next few Months. I will not be able to participate in this proxy. Her care has been 24/7 for a couple of years, but it just ramped up even more.

I'll keep track of things on the board, but I won't be buying, building or tuning anything for quite a while. Good luck to all of you, and have fun with the proxy.
DManley

Re: Sitting out.

Postby Audi1 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:55 am

Yup, family comes way ahead of slot cars. Good luck with you mom and try to take some comfort from the fact that you're not alone in what you're going through now.

We'll pick you up next year for the La Carrera PanAmericana - 3 fun run proxy!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016