[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - La Carrera Panamericana-2 - The Builds

La Carrera Panamericana-2 - The Builds

Re: La Carrera Panamericana-2 - The Builds

Postby Audi1 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:28 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:13 pm

Wow incredible story Allan!! Somehow seems like your screen name should be Porsche2. We share the same great passion (we have the entire Auto Union represented in our garage) and there really is no substitute.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:50 am

Last edited by studioRS on Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:05 pm

Wow!!!!! We have a '16 Jetta GLi, 478hp 2001 Audi S4 that runs high 11s (great family car). I've owned a 97, 92 16v, 89 16v and 87 GTIs in the past along with 94 RSA that the Audi replaced (wife said I needed a grown up car that children can ride in). I'm still a big kid at heart
Last edited by Brumos RSR on Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:54 pm

Here is the cloth/medium CA glue reinforcement for the underside of my resin body. I used this on the front headlight area, top of the fenders and on one side behind the right door. Hardwood blocks mounted with finish resin epoxy.

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:17 pm

Here is how my little Porsche 356 Speedster finished up, tried to match Auratium Green (5712 Auratiumgrün). I'll get it into the post to you Allan in a few days, Krylon clear coat will need some drying time.

Cheers, Thompson

Last edited by studioRS on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Nice looking car there, Thompson! I really like the green paint. Down low, so it should run well. I'll keep an eye out for it in the mail.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:46 pm

This is staring to look like a 356 Cup race.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:44 pm

It is Tony, now that you mention it. I think a 356 proxy would be a great idea. We could have two classes, stock with no flares and an rpm limit, and Open where anything goes. A couple of us in my club have 356 speedsters that are flared to 2.5 inches. We even have a mould to cast more that are already flared.

We could include any 356, open top or coupe. Would be a lot of fun, and most of us have cars already to fit the classes.

Oops, there I go again suggesting more proxies. Somebody hit me, eh?

Cheers,

Keith

ps. That is a sweet looking 356 there, Thompson.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:53 pm

Hopefully it goes down the track as good as it looks! My track is off-line currently and I can't test it... It will get plenty of testing now! I used the same Ninco chassis as last years entry, which somehow made it around the world and back in one piece. Thanks for the nice words, I do think it looks cool and it's finished :auto-checkeredflag:
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:21 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:50 pm

Gentlemen - you have both been "hit"..............! ;) :o :lol:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:28 am

Allan

Great story on the acquisition of the Wifes car. A classic investment for sure

Thompson

That 356 you submitted is Beautiful.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:26 am

There was a 356 proxy in 2013, before I got involved. The photos are on SCI. There were some nice looking cars. I was hoping for another. I have a roadster with an H&R Jackrabbit motor, it runs rather well.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:28 pm

I think these two may be a little "high" for this fun run...........but what the heck, MA just approved the recreational use of Mary Jane.............so who knows what's next.............. Swamp buggy derby anyone...............?

Coming down now after the high............

Just a few more rounds of trimming the body posts and it will be time to glue them in. Waiting on wheel inserts now. Then, a quick track test and they will be ready to take their positions on the starting line.

These two cars were modeled off cars that actually ran in the '53 and '54 La Carrera Panamericana race. The Porsche 550 coupe and the OSCA MT-4 have always been favorites of mine. They will not be fast, but they have been a lot of fun to build. With these cars, I find that I'm modeling more and tuning less................ Perhaps I need a Doctor, but, on the other hand, perhaps I've already seen one.............. ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016