[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - La Carrera Panamericana-2 - The Builds

La Carrera Panamericana-2 - The Builds

Re: La Carrera Panamericana-2 - The Builds

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:31 am

In my experience, the BWNC-1 is a very good lower rpm S can motor. I'm building out a Porsche 911 for the Pony Wars Proxy and I'm having trouble getting the Jack Rabbit that's now in it to be a fast as the BWNC-1 that used to be in it (same gearing). IMO, the BWNC-1 delivers over-spec performance.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:24 pm

Allan
So how will the stock motor do that comes with the 550 you are sending. Do I need to install a replacement to be competitive?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:26 pm

On a scale of 1-3, The Ninco NC-1 is definitely the 1. Remember that Ninco cars are intended to run on 14.8 volts. The BWA NC-1 is stronger than the Ninco it is intended to replace, and I agree with Allan, it is a very good motor. I would rate it as #2. My blue 356 in the ROAR proxy has one in it and is doing quite well. In fact above my expectations. With a Jack Rabbit it would be right up with the leaders, so that motor would be my #3.

I actually have several cars with BWA NC-1s in them, and I am quite happy with their performance. The Jack Rabbit probably pushes 1000 or more rpm than the BWA NC-1. I bought 4 of them a month or so ago and am just now experimenting with them. The one in my Studebaker is pushing it along well, and I just need to find the sweet spot on the gear ratio chart.

One final thought, if you are planning to run the stock Ninco chassis, the BWA motor would be enough, for sure.
Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:36 am

Hi Dan,

Keith's recommendations would be mine, too.

Replace the Ninco NC-1 motor. First choice, H&R Jack Rabbit, second choice BWNC1, third choice.........anything else that meets the rpm spec.

You'll also want aftermarket wheels with inserts (try CBDesign 15x7 or 15x8 wheels) and either rubber or urethane tires (rubber, I would look at NSR Ultragrips / urethane, I would look at Paul Gage). Glue and true them and you should be good to go in the wheel/tire arena.
I would also replace the plastic rear bushings with SCC racing bushings, and replace the front and rear axles (Slot.It) and gears (Slot.It). I also like the Slot.It CH-85 guide and Slot.It competition braid.

There are quite a few more "tuning' points, but the above should give you a competitive car. Good luck!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:25 pm

I'm very happy to be able to report that my second car for this La Carrera Panamericana-2 proxy, an OSCA MT-4, is now becoming a reality. John Warren (munter) has cast the body and now has a very nice kit available. Here are some pics of the resin kit:

It has some driver/cockpit options, from a tray interior with molded driver head to a seat interior with driver bust and head:

It also has some headlight options (note the nice detail on the trademark OSCA grill):

Another very nice kit from John. Looking forward to building this one out for the series!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jcis4me » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:26 pm

Got a lot of help from Retro racer . . .

We did some horse tradin for the chassis
Thanks Keith!
Marty
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:40 am

:auto-nx: ^^^^^its gonna be fast ^^^^^ :auto-nx:
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:49 am

That looks hard to beat, great looking body and chassis.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:01 am

Great looking Pegaso! The body should look great on the brass chassis.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:24 pm

I have a lot of 143 scale motors. Would a FF030 motor be allowed in this race. This would allow a sidewinder into the Porsche 550 I am doing. I am building the chassis now, and this is the motor I would like to use.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:14 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi Dan, If you look at the rules; which are pretty minimal, there is a list of motors that are approved for this fun run.

They consist of low RPM S-cans and FF-050 motors. I have no experience with FC-030 motors, so I have no way of judging the performance equivalence of them vesus S-cans and FF-050s. I've seen FF-030 motors that are rated; RPM-wise, everywhere from 13,000 to 22,300 at 12V. I do understand the interest in running a SW configuration in your 550.

But, I really don't know how to respond. It's outside the guardrails that we've tried to set for this race, but whether it's underpowered or overpowered, I don't know. We want to keep the playing field as level as possible; in fairness to the other entrants; all of whom, to the best of my knowledge, plan to run either S-cans or FF-050 motors.

Personally, I'd like to have more info on the performance of FF-030 motors in 1/32 scale cars, in any configuration, before adding them to the approved motor list.

It appears to be not so easy to blend1/43 scale practices with 1/32 scale racing.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Sorry I misspoke; the SCX 1/43 motor is rated at 22,000 rpm so it's outside the rpm parameters.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Keith - that is one SHARP looking body! WOW!
BRAVO sir! BRAVO!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016